Susan G. Komen Walk

socmft

Do they do this all the time?

Every ship. Every cruise.

There could be an unexpected exception if it were scheduled at the end of a cruise and it became too dangerous to be outside that day. But that would be a rare, rare exception.

Yes they have the walks on ALL ships and ALL cruises.

One time the walk on the promenade had to be cancelled due to bad weather. So they walked around one of the decks -- still had everything else -- like cake on most ships.

On many of our cruises it has been held on the last sea day -- right around the time for the Mariner's Brunch.

Do all of the HAL ships have the Susan G. Komen Walk (Oosterdam in particular)? Can anyone elaborate? Thanks.

All ships, and it was so successful it actually started on most Carnival Corp ships as a result. I think one of the main exceptions, and I may be wrong, is Carnival as they have their St. Jude partnership and events to support that.

$15 donation, you get a t shirt, a pink bracelet and a pink lemonade party at the end. You can also donate but not take part, or donate EXTRA. All the info is on the form that you fill out on the ship.

Do they do this all the time? My cruise is 11/13 and this is my 5 year survivor anniversay. I would love to Walk the Deck for a Cure!

Chris

On the walks that I have been on, the CD asked if there were any survivors = and then asked them to lead the walk. Very moving.

I thought it was fabulous HAL asked Ambassador Nancy Brinker, Susan G. Komen's sister and founder of the organization, to participate in the Dedication and Naming of Nieuw Amsterdam. What a great thing to do.

Archived