Need Advice on Opus Hotel

laiki

We are staying at Opus Hotel in Vancouver. We won this hotel on Priceline. I had a few questions for all of you experienced Vancouver travelers.

What is the easiest/cheapest way to get from the airport (YVR) to the hotel?

What is the easiest/cheapest way to get to the pier (Canada Place)?

Can you give me any pertinent information about the area?

Any experiences at the hotel?

Thanks so much!!

We are staying at Opus Hotel in Vancouver. We won this hotel on Priceline. I had a few questions for all of you experienced Vancouver travelers.

Thanks so much!!

The opus is across the street from the Roundhouse station on the Canada line subway which starts in the airport and takes 22 minutes. A taxi would be 15 mins and about $30.

To the pier would be 10 mins by subway or cab. The walk from the canada line waterfront station to the pier luggage drop would be 500 yards.Cab fare would be$15-20. I would take the cab and be dropped at the door.

Thanks so much!!

The easiest/cheapest way to get from the airport to the Opus hotel is via the Canada Line. You catch the train right at the terminal and you would get off the train at the Yaletown station. The Opus Hotel is right across the street.

So could do the same to get you from the hotel to the pier. Your last stop would be waterfront. Canada Place is walkable from the station. However, if you aren't up for walking, take a cab which will drop you off right where you drop your luggage.

Here is a link to Yaletown, the area where the Opus Hotel is located: http://yaletowninfo.com/

Enjoy!

I won't go into detail re the logistics, what I can tell you about the Opus is that it is newish (about 10 years old) and is a bit avant-guarde, not your typical traditional hotel....but well run, fun, well located and I am sure you will have fun. It is not one that we necessarily recommend because of its avant-guarde style and its pricing is normally up there with higher end but traditional hotels....but I am sure that you will enjoy it.:)

Thanks so much!!

1) It's been said before, but "YALETOWN / ROUNDHOUSE" station is across the street. About 20 min by Skytrain from the airport. If you intend to use public transport around Vancouver the day of arrivial (Stanley Park/Grouse Mtn etc); stop at the 7-11 in the airport terminal 1st and buy an all-day transit pass for $9, vs the $8.75 for a single ride from the airport (as you pay an $5 airport surcharge on the $3.75 two-zone ticket, but no surcharge on the $9 all day pass -- dumb, isn't it)

2) Taxi to the cruise terminal will be 10/12$; you could hop back on Skytrain, but tickets would be $2.50/ea (one zone)

3) Lots of people visiting our company stay at the Opus, and have great things to stay about it.

1) It's been said before, but "YALETOWN / ROUNDHOUSE" station is across the street. About 20 min by Skytrain from the airport. If you intend to use public transport around Vancouver the day of arrivial (Stanley Park/Grouse Mtn etc); stop at the 7-11 in the airport terminal 1st and buy an all-day transit pass for $9, vs the $8.75 for a single ride from the airport (as you pay an $5 airport surcharge on the $3.75 two-zone ticket, but no surcharge on the $9 all day pass -- dumb, isn't it.

That is a brilliant idea, depending on what time of day you are arriving. I always forget about the all-day pass as I have an annual one. Those all day pass are a great deal.

1) It's been said before, but "YALETOWN / ROUNDHOUSE" station is across the street. About 20 min by Skytrain from the airport. If you intend to use public transport around Vancouver the day of arrivial (Stanley Park/Grouse Mtn etc); stop at the 7-11 in the airport terminal 1st and buy an all-day transit pass for $9, vs the $8.75 for a single ride from the airport (as you pay an $5 airport surcharge on the $3.75 two-zone ticket, but no surcharge on the $9 all day pass -- dumb, isn't it)

2) Taxi to the cruise terminal will be 10/12$; you could hop back on Skytrain, but tickets would be $2.50/ea (one zone)

3) Lots of people visiting our company stay at the Opus, and have great things to stay about it.

Thanks for the advice it is our honeymoon so although we are splurging on a lot of things it is nice to save a little here and there!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived