Golf Course in/near Vancouver

laiki

As an avid (that does not mean good) golfer I have played all of the courses in the greater Vancouver area and would be delighted to help you. If you want to send me an email at the address that appears in my signature telling what you are looking for in the way of a course I will fill in the blanks.:)

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good golf course in or near Vancouver??

Additionally, can it be reached by public transit or would a car be necessary?

If you're looking for just some fun, there's a pitch and putt in Stanley Park; and another out at Imperial/Boundary in Burnaby.

As an avid (that does not mean good) golfer I have played all of the courses in the greater Vancouver area and would be delighted to help you. If you want to send me an email at the address that appears in my signature telling what you are looking for in the way of a course I will fill in the blanks.:)

As soon as my better half gets home I will send that e-mail, he is the one with the golf interest. Thanks so much for your help!!!

I am impressed with how nice everyone from Vancouver is already seeming!

If you're looking for just some fun, there's a pitch and putt in Stanley Park; and another out at Imperial/Boundary in Burnaby.

This is probably a silly question but, what is a pitch and putt? (My fiance is the golfer so sorry if that was a dumb question :o)

Not a silly question - Putt and Putts are small mini-style golf course - that are short and that you can play with two clubs - an iron and a putter - Putterdude will probably be along shortly with a better answer.

Scott - don`t forget the Pitch and Putt in QE Park and the one at Ambleside is closer than the Central Park one.

Cheers

Dennis

Thank you for your help and link. Does the HOHO trolley stop near the golf course?

yes, but unless you intend to ride the whole HOHO route, the city transit (bus/skytrain/seabus) is only $9 for day pass and can get you just as close; plus get you to a lot of places the HOHO can't (the HOHO really only operates within downtown).

yes, but unless you intend to ride the whole HOHO route, the city transit (bus/skytrain/seabus) is only $9 for day pass and can get you just as close; plus get you to a lot of places the HOHO can't (the HOHO really only operates within downtown).

Thank you for your quick response. Where can I get the daily bus pass?

Is there a driving range at the pitch & putt?

The daily passes can be purchased at most convience stores and what they call Fare Dealers.

I don't ever recall seeing driving range at the Stanley Park P&P.

Bare in mind that transit is designed for moving people between point A & point B it is not a tour and frankly they get closer to the sights of Vancouver than Transit.

You can get daily passes (and it's bus/skytrain/seabus - not just buses) at any local corner store. There's a full list on the translink website here: http://www.translink.ca/en/Fares-and-Passes/Where-to-buy-FareDealer.aspx You can also buy books of tickets as well, (each ticket being good for 90 minutes). The big difference is the local transit system covers the whole city, so if you wanted to visit a site outside of downtown, the HOHO just don't go there; also there's an excellent subway line (Skytrain) from downtown to the airport; which transit can get you to. If you're coming off a flight, my 1st recommendation is go visit the 7-11 in the airport terminal and buy your transit tickets there (day passes or books of 10) because single tickets bought on the platform have a $5 surcharge at the airport.

Sorry, there's no driving range at Stanley Park.

Archived