Compliments to All the Staff on Azamara Quest

TRIANDA

We have recently returned from another wonderful cruise on Azamara Quest "Greek Isles and the Holy Land" 15th October-26th October 2011.

May we thank everyone on board this beautiful ship for making our cruise so memorable, including Captain Carl Smith, Captain Johannes Tysse, Hotel Director Ryszard Gusman, and every person without exception who enthused to please.

This was our seventh cruise with Azamara and we shall return again and again.

Sadly we are down to earth again with a bump.

Kind Regards

John & Caroline

We have recently returned from another wonderful cruise on Azamara Quest "Greek Isles and the Holy Land" 15th October-26th October 2011.

May we thank everyone on board this beautiful ship for making our cruise so memorable, including Captain Carl Smith, Captain Johannes Tysse, Hotel Director Ryszard Gusman, and every person without exception who enthused to please.

This was our seventh cruise with Azamara and we shall return again and again

John & Caroline

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We may have passed you on the gang plank as we cruised on the day that you came ashore. The staff greeted us as if we were family and that is Azamara's secret. We have travelled with Richard(Ryszard Gusman) on 5 cruises out of the total of 7 with Azamara and the dedication that he brings to his job is something that if it could be bottled would bring organisation to the chaos in this world. We had a wonderful cruise, thanks to all the crew, despite the diversion from Ashdod to Haifa because the Palestinians were rocketing Ashdod. Keep it up AZ.

....diversion from Ashdod to Haifa because the Palestinians were rocketing Ashdod. Keep it up AZ.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THe probable highlight of the cruise was to be the three day visit to Israel. In my original note I should have given credit to all the staff who must have had to work exceedingly hard through the night reorganising not only the scheduled day tours to Jerusalem and the Dead Sea but also assisting those people who had made arrangements to be met at Ashdod. It really must have been a logical nightmare, but as usual Az. coped

Thank you for saying such kind words for the Quest crew. We have only sailed with them once but the entire crew has been the absolute best of our 40 + cruises. They are marvelous, and I think that is a reflection of Capt. Carl's outgoing manner. :):):)

Thank you for saying such kind words for the Quest crew. We have only sailed with them once but the entire crew has been the absolute best of our 40 + cruises. They are marvelous, and I think that is a reflection of Capt. Carl's outgoing manner. :):):)[

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I recall one cruise captained by Carl Smith that we were on which was due to sail past Stromboli at night and he took us to the "wrong" shipping side of the island, stopped the ship and switched all the lights off in order to give us the best view of its erupting and take the best photographs. Just the sort of uniqueness that makes AZamara "different".

Tha captain we had on our latest cruise was Johannes Tysse who had interrupted his vacation to replace a captain who had to leave suddenly for medical reasons. He was very calm, laid back and with a smiile would shrug his shoulders and say "I'm on vacation" and even managed to convince one lady that he couldn't find his way to the bridge!

Thank you for saying such kind words for the Quest crew. We have only sailed with them once but the entire crew has been the absolute best of our 40 + cruises. They are marvelous, and I think that is a reflection of Capt. Carl's outgoing manner. :):):)[

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The captain we had on our latest cruise was Johannes Tysse who had interrupted his vacation to replace a captain who had to leave suddenly for medical reasons. He was very calm, laid back and with a smiile would shrug his shoulders and say "I'm on vacation" and even managed to convince one lady that he couldn't find his way to the bridge!

Captain Johannes, Cruise Director Tony Markey, and all the rest of the officers and crew really deserve kudos for the calm and orderly way with which they handled whatever came up, from docking in an unscheduled port to ameliorating the effects of gastro-intestinal bugs. See my long review on the main CC cruise board for more. They couldn't have been more approachable or more efficient. We'll gladly bump fists with them anytime! We had a fabulous time on the cruise and can't wait for our next Azamazing Adventure.

Great read, thank you. We have an AZ cruise booked for next year but have just returned from a Silverseas cruise. Yes, it was very nice but I prefer AZ for its crew (didn't see a senior office once), food (realise this is very subjective) and overall experience. However, cabins won on Silverseas-they were huge and magnificent.

• 2 weeks later...

Having just returned from Quest I endorse all the first hand comments made here. The whole crew were great. It's the second time I have sailed with Captain Johannes and he has a very calm personality and dry wit. Ryszard and all the officers were hugely visible and the passengers responded very well to it. I can't remember a cruise with a friendlier atmosphere.

Phil

We were on the cruise with Phil and I agree with him. Very friendly crew and captain ( he reminds me of Bob Newhart). We did have some glitches in the dining room that were handled very well (free dinner in the specialty restaurant).

Sometimes service was a bit slow, but not the crew's fault. Overall, a great cruise.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Captain Smith and the crew of the Quest are indeed a wonderful crew. Nothing better than walking out on the veranda of Cabin 7005 in the morning and looking up with your cup of coffee to the flying bridge and see Capt'n Smith look down and say, "Good morning gents!"

Archived