To old for disney cruise

messymarie

My wife is 62 i am 68 are we to old to take a disney cruise

Nope! If you enjoy great service and a relaxed (non-Vegas lights and glitz) type atomosphere, Disney will not disapoint.

Amen! And no gratuitous skimpy clothing.

If you love Disney, take a Disney cruise. No such thing as 'too old'.

You'll find all ages onboard. With and without kids. We're 63 & 61 and we've done 4 Disney cruises (with a 5th in the works).

Generally, you'll find on the longer cruises the passenger age is older (that's true for all lines, not just Disney).

Come, join us.

:)

You're not at all too old for DCL.

We, too, are among the first wave of Baby Boomers, and have been on 6 DCL cruises, our first one when I was just turning 59. We normally go with another couple of similar ages, and we always have an absolute ball!

I may be "old", but I refuse to grow up!!

:cool:

If you have to ask I think you know the answer. You're going to find the feedback from the Disney boards are from people who believe in the "Disney at any age" mentality. I've been on 5 cruise lines and Royal Caribbean and Princess will suite you better, unless you're going with the grandkids. Ask this question on one of the other cruise line boards and you'll get a more objective/ honest opinion.

If you love the magic of Disney, then you are never old. Although DCL is not in-your-face Disney, it still has the touches, which turn some people off. The shows are amazing, but they are definitely Disney shows. You need to think about what you like to do. And keep in mind that their cruises are usually more expensive.

Beachbummers raises a good point--unless you're a Disney fan (at the very least Disney-tolerant), then a Disney cruise is going to be Disney sensory overload. For me personally I can see myself cruising Disney, visiting Disney parks, etc. until I die but I am in that "Disney at any age" group!

I would think that RCCL and Princess also skew to a younger demographic--in general, older cruisers tend to value elegance and service over frenetic activity. With that in mind, I would recommend HAL and Celebrity as alternatives to Disney. But don't get me wrong, if the OP is even slightly a Disney fan, then a Disney cruise is indeed a great choice!

Nope - not too old at all!

Your ages are exactly those of my wife and I except she's the older one. We've done 4 DCL cruises and have 5 more booked. Yes, we are big Disney fans. On board, we love Disney's attention to detail and ability to handle people.

If you're worried about being overrun by loud children on board, that doesn't happen. Disney wisely set up the ship with special areas for children, families with children, and adults only.

But not 63 - 67??? :D

I guess I am still on a sugar buzz from all the left over Halloween Candy :o :p

Nope, I'm expecting to take a leave from my Peter Pan Syndrome during that time period. I'll be acting all mature and stuff.

(read the first message)

Pack your bags and take yourselves over to the Port.

My husband and I are 71 and 72. Not only have we been on 17 Disney cruises so far (#18 coming up next spring) but I've also ridden the AquaDuck. Felt like a kid again it was so much fun.

Perhaps we "oldsters" should form a Disney group of our own to help with information, support, etc. for older cruisers. If anyone is interested please send me an e-mail and perhaps we could communicate thru Facebook. :)

Best wishes.

Pack your bags and take yourselves over to the Port.

My husband and I are 71 and 72. Not only have we been on 17 Disney cruises so far (#18 coming up next spring) but I've also ridden the AquaDuck. Felt like a kid again it was so much fun.

Perhaps we "oldsters" should form a Disney group of our own to help with information, support, etc. for older cruisers. If anyone is interested please send me an e-mail and perhaps we could communicate thru Facebook. :)

Best wishes.

...or telegrams. :D <ducks>

IMHO - definitely yes. Anyone over age 5 is too old for Disney. Perhaps, even under 5. Imagine spending all day hearing and singing "Small World"!!

DON

The OP asked about the cruise line. I'm afraid you have it mixed up with the Magic Kingdom. :rolleyes:

But not 63 - 67??? :D

I guess I am still on a sugar buzz from all the left over Halloween Candy :o :p

I'm still in a candy overload from Halloween as well, only DCL was the source. Halloween was fantastic on the Dream -- an abundance of (good) candy in various locations for all ages. Since the weather was rainy, the kids Halloween party was moved to the atrium and they delivered candy bags to children's staterooms instead of having the trick-or-treating.

• 4 weeks later...

My dh and I went without the kids because we liked it so much. lol. I'm sure it depends on how you feel about the Disney "magic". I love it and will never be too old. I will still go on Disney cruises and go to the parks when my kids are long gone. I found the disney stuff on the ships to be mostly understated. I hope you go and try it for yourself and make your own opinion. We really love it!

We're aged 58, no kids and really enjoyed our 3 night cruise on the dream. Main reason we wouldn't do it again was the restaurant rotation. The animators palette was great for kids with talking crush the turtle but it was like a noisy diner, not good for us. The enchanted garden was nice but not a sophisticated dining experience and the royal palace was great, the type of restaurant you expect on a cruise ship. We were lucky in that we were in the royal palace on the 'dress up' night. To get into formal wear for the animator's palette imho would be like wearing a tux to denny's. Of course we realise Disney is going to be more family oriented.

We took a Disney Cruise two years ago. Although we went with my wife's son, daughter-in-law and children, we had an "adult" dinner each evening with four other couples.

One of the couples were in their 70s and traveling without their kids or grandkids. It was their 9th Disney Cruise.

We have cruised quite a bit, but I have to say the Disney Cruise on the Magic was the best. Top notch Disney entertainment and plenty to do for adults.

GO...You will love it. We leave Saturday for our next Disney Cruise.

Archived