General Price Drop Question

Patsie47

Hi, first, I want to say I did do a search but I am not coming up with what I want, I tried advance search also to no avail.

I am not expecting a price drop in a Transatlantic I booked, got a great price but I have a question for future cruises using this one as an example.

Direct with Cruise line was $300 more than an online TA was able to get plus I have another $100 in OBC. Now, if the cruise line drops the price should my TA be able to get me a better price?

It's confusing since I am paying a discounted rate already. I understand how it works if you book directly with the cruise line but not sure with using an agent outside of the cruise line.

Appreciate the help

Pat

Ok thanks, so based on the answers it's a real maybe:)

With this in mind, do people feel it's better to book directly with the cruise line? I am happy with my current booking but again thinking of the future.

Thanks again

Pat

If you read here, and on the board of the cruise line you are talking about, there is wide ranging discussion about this. Please read the many threads.

Boils down to personal choice, and the rules the various cruise lines put on TAs regarding discounting.

Pat, I would read the fine print of the contract you got with your TA. We booked with a online TA, got a price drop which they honored but lost the OBC.

The price drop was 400.00and the OBC was only $125.so we took the price drop.

Also for a future cruise, think about booking one on your Tansatlantic, you will get a stateroom upgrade for the price of the the lowest in the same category, plus OBC. You can then transfer your booking to your TA for additional perks . Again be sure to ask your TA about this .

Archived