Here is a new idea!

frednsb

Yes, anyone can "nit pick", but to be "positive" about what you see/do on a cruise is what it is all about. LIFE is not always positive, so how can you expect a cruise to be the same way? In whatever you work at, or get involved in, or do, there will always be "ups and downs." Think POSITIVE!:) This world is negative enough as it is.:(

Brenda

DH and I love cruising!

Already planning our fourth.

We love the food.

We love the activities.

And on the last night of our last cruise, I pointed out to him that we seem to just laugh more and enjoy each other's company more on a cruise... and that's saying a lot when you're approaching your 40th anniversary!

Like most things there are things that I don't like about Carnival, but when compared to other cruise lines, the value is pretty good. But what keeps me coming back is the people that work on the ships, I have yet to have a bad experience with them. Plus, if I went to an all inclusive resort, I wouldn't get to wake up in a new location every day.

We live in southern CA and we used to pop over to Las Vegas for short getaways. After we discovered cruising, we haven't been back! Cruising is so much cheaper, easier, often closer, and more fun!! :D

I have thought about moving to the LA area just so I could do this...and still may. You can't beat the price, most hotels will end up costing more by the time you add the food on the price. I would love to just jump on a ship for a 3 or 4 day cruise when I get time off, because I am usually off for 3 or 4 days or more at a time and it don't matter where I live for what I do. Florida would probably be the ultimate place to live this lifestyle, though.

I don't get to sail again until May 2012....but, at least I have that to look forward to! Booking the cruise is right up there with the best things in life! Just knowing that you have one coming up.

Also, I always read negative comments about the awful coffee, the awful tea...yada, yada, yada...let me tell you something. Yes the coffee is strong and bitter, yes the tea is strong and somewhat bitter, BUT I love when I get that first glass of tea because with the first drink, it's like "oh yeah....I'm on a cruiseship"!!!! Same with the coffee --- I love that it doesn't taste like home! I'm on a cruise dang it, and NOTHING (expecially not a silly beverage) is going to ruin my cruise or make me think the cruiseline owes me a free cruise. We know it's not going to be like home, but heck....home and work is what we are getting away from for a week! I'll take a bad cup of coffee every day if it means I'm on a ship ;)

We have been on a total of 12 cruises and experienced missed ports, delayed boarding, delayed debark, rain, slow service in the dining room, food we didn't care for...repeat shows --- but that is part of the experience and it has never put a damper on our fun. The ship is the destination for us, the ports are just an added bonus.

Hope you all have a wonderful Friday and a great weekend...those of you getting ready to cruise next week..:D Have a wonderful time and don't let anything get in the way of enjoying your cruise!

Some people are just unhappy and you can't do a thing to please them. I go on a cruise and tell myself no one or nothing is going to ruin my vacation.

It gets a bit tough at times,but I've learned to bite my tongue and get over it when that person cuts the buffet line or runs over me with their scooter:D

I keep trying to price a land or land and fly vacation, and then I look at the price of a Carnival cruise, and for what you get for your 5 or 7 nights is incredible. I too love Carnival! I love my towel animals! I love the games, the feel of the breeze, the sound of the sea. I love the fact that I'm not cooking dinner, not making the bed, not doing the laundry, oh I have just a few more days until the Fascination

I could have written that. The Fascination was one of the best cruises we ever took. All my kids, grandkids, friends even my Mom.

It would have to be really bad for me to complain about anything to do with a cruise. I still get so excited just thinking about one.

You know, I used to "judge a book by its cover," but not anymore. I like to read peoples comments, both pro/con about different things in cruising, or Carnival ships, but in the long run, I make up my own mind. I'm going to have a GREAT time, no matter what anyone said, and for the most part I do.:)

AMEN...I am soo sick of the whining!! Please...a day on the cruise is better than a day at work...and oh my....please hand me my drink of the day with a cute little umbrella..

Can't wait for January 30, 2012!!

Drinks of the day are EVIL!! I have no idea what is necessarily in them at times.. but who can resist NOT drinking out of those absolutely fun 'cups' they put them in!! :p

8 days and I get another Fun Ship Drink!!! Cannot wait!!!

I am so happy to see that my thread has generated so many positive responses! Cruising is fantastic and such a great time.

I was getting so sick of all the horrible, negative posts going on. Someone would post a very positive review of their cruise and then someone would have to come on and poke holes in their cruise.

I LOVE TO CRUSIE! I started with my first in 1067 and will never stop!

I cruise again in 2 days. . . I won't be negative!

Thank you guys.

Oh, and you two have a great honeymoon and life together!!!!!!!!

I love your post.It made me feel so so good to see someone other than ME C's

the GREAT value in CARNIVAL CRUISES.NO ! I don't work for carnival.I'm just a guy that loves to have a vacation on the CHEAP.

I have thought about moving to the LA area just so I could do this...and still may. You can't beat the price, most hotels will end up costing more by the time you add the food on the price. I would love to just jump on a ship for a 3 or 4 day cruise when I get time off, because I am usually off for 3 or 4 days or more at a time and it don't matter where I live for what I do. Florida would probably be the ultimate place to live this lifestyle, though.

Yes, it's VERY convenient! I would rather cruise out of Florida to the Bahamas and the Caribbean, but I go to Mexico because it's cheap and convenient. Airfare is a HUGE factor for us and it's nice to pack whatever you want and not worry about airline restrictions.

I love to cruise and I live in the perfect place. I live on the east coast of central Florida just 45 minutes from Port Canaveral, 90 minutes from Jacksonville, 2 hours from Tampa, 3 hours to Ft. Lauderdale and 4.5 hours from the Port of Miami. I can choose my crusie lines and my ports!

• 3 weeks later...

Since this thread has been revived let me comment on our sadly completed Fascination cruise.

It was GREAT ! My kids first cruise and they had a great time. I supposed that this ship (and its sisters)

are considered to be the entry level among the major cruise lines today.

I guess this is true, but to us it proves how high this entry level is. Good food, good cabins and good times.

Only sad thing is now we have infected our kids with the cruising bug.:)

Since this thread has been revived let me comment on our sadly completed Fascination cruise.

It was GREAT ! My kids first cruise and they had a great time. I supposed that this ship (and its sisters)

are considered to be the entry level among the major cruise lines today.

I guess this is true, but to us it proves how high this entry level is. Good food, good cabins and good times.

Only sad thing is now we have infected our kids with the cruising bug.:)

I have to comment on this. I came off the beautiful Oasis of the Seas with friends and next went on Carnival's Fantasy (the only ship my handicapped husband felt he could handle since it sails from Charleston and is small). I thought I would be sorely disappointed, but I was not. Of course, with my handicapped husband, my own activities were limited, but it was still a memorable cruise. I will do it again.

Kathy

Others can consider them entry level if they want, but I love all the Fantasy Class Ships. I have sailed the Inspiration, Fantasy, Esctasy and I hope to cruise them all.

They are just great ships.

I also liked the entry level RCCL ships: Soverign of the Seas, Monarch of the Seas, and Majesty of the Seas.\

Who says bigger is better?

I am so happy to see that my thread has generated so many positive responses! Cruising is fantastic and such a great time.

I was getting so sick of all the horrible, negative posts going on. Someone would post a very positive review of their cruise and then someone would have to come on and poke holes in their cruise.

I LOVE TO CRUSIE! I started with my first in 1067 and will never stop!

I cruise again in 2 days. . . I won't be negative!

Thank you guys.

Oh, and you two have a great honeymoon and life together!!!!!!!!

1067!! Wow, you really have been at it a long while!! Heeheehee.

Archived