WOW sale - Price Drop Question

I booked a cruise on Freedom for next summer during the recent WOW sale. The price of the room has now dropped $100, but the RCCL representative that I spoke with said that because I booked during the WOW sale, I was not eligible for the price drop. Is this a new policy for RCCL? I've done this in the past without a problem.

I booked a cruise on Freedom for next summer during the recent WOW sale. The price of the room has now dropped $100, but the RCCL representative that I spoke with said that because I booked during the WOW sale, I was not eligible for the price drop. Is this a new policy for RCCL? I've done this in the past without a problem.

He/she has no idea what they are talking about.....they are wrong.

I would call back and speak to a different CVP.

I booked during WOW and my TA read me the fine print. No changes can be made to the ressie or you lose the OBC you earned by booking during WOW and the other half of the required downpayment becomes due immediately if you change your WOW ressie.

That is correct. That was changed a while ago.

I booked during WOW and my TA read me the fine print. No changes can be made to the ressie or you lose the OBC you earned by booking during WOW and the other half of the required downpayment becomes due immediately if you change your WOW ressie.

That is correct. That was changed a while ago.

That is not correct....the OP IS NOT making a change to the ship or sail date...all they are doing is asking for the price drop....that is different and you can get price drops while still honoring WOW OBC and reduced deposit.

As per below:

*TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The 50% reduced deposit can also be applied via any automated booking tool (Cruisematch®, Sabre, Amadeus, Galileo or Wordspan). However, the booking confirmation will not reflect the reduced deposit amount due. The WOW Sale

Onboard Credit and 50% Reduced Deposit offer are applicable to all Royal Caribbean International® cruises that sail after January 1, 2012 including cruisetours. Offer applies to new FIT bookings with deposit only and is not applicable to groups. Offer applies to all categories available. All bookings must be made and the required deposit must be paid on October 4 and 5, 2011, by 11:59 p.m. local time to qualify for the promotion. Bookings made on October 4 and 5, 2011 without deposit will not qualify for this offer. Offer is combinable with Lowest Available Fare (LAF) and restricted rates, including Choice Air Specials (CHS), Seniors (SRS), Residents (RES), Military (MIL), and Police and Fireman (PFD), Family Pricing (FMLY), Upgrade Price Code (UPG), Royal Commission Bonanza (RCB). Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Crown & Anchor, Shareholder Benefits, Future or NextCruise offers. Offer cannot be combined with any travel agency funded offer. Offer is valid for Cruisetour packages but not combinable with other Cruisetours Onboard Credits. Cruisetour packages receive the OBC based upon the length of the Cruisetour. Onboard credit is in U.S. dollars, has no cash value, is not redeemable for cash, is not transferable and will expire if not used by 10:00 pm on the last evening of the cruise. In the event that a guest has more than one applicable offer for the same sailing, guest can choose the offer he or she wishes to apply. Offer is available in all markets, excluding the United Kingdom, China, Italy, Australia, and New Zealand. Offer is not applicable to chartered or contracted groups. Any existing booking that is cancelled between September 27 and October 5, 2011 and is rebooked for the same sailing on October 4 and 5, 2011 will not be eligible to receive the offer. Any eligible reservation that is cancelled and is reinstated after October 5, 2011 will not be eligible to receive the offer. Any eligible reservation that changes the ship or sail date after October 5, 2011 will not be eligible to receive the offer. Onboard Credit will be applied to qualified booking by Royal Caribbean International® within 4 weeks of the Sale. The 50% reduced deposit and onboard credit offer is applicable to on-line bookings; however, the on-line booking confirmation will not reflect this reduced deposit or onboard credit. Subject to availability. Certain restrictions may apply. Government taxes and fees are additional. Offer may be withdrawn at any time. 9/26/2011

I believe that that is correct for that last WOW sale.

I'm sure that I remember reading that there was no price drops allowed to stay under WOW status.

Maybe a new thing, but I'm sure that I read that too....

Not sure what is in writing but I did ask about price drops etc before also booking under the WOW sale..I was assured by 2 different reps as long as you don't change sail date/ship you can take any price drop and still upgrade after final payment if above category drops. I have since upgraded my category without penalty..I say call again!!

Just call back. As long as you don't change the names, ship, or sail date, you cant change anything you want. Those that said you can't get a price drop are guessing

Call back and talk to a different agent.

If they can't help then cancel the original booking and create a new one.

Not a good idea as then they would loose their OBC. They would be better off calling until they get a customer service rep that knows what he/she is talking about. The changes that are not allowed are either change in ship or sailing date.

I believe that that is correct for that last WOW sale.

I'm sure that I remember reading that there was no price drops allowed to stay under WOW status.

Maybe a new thing, but I'm sure that I read that too....

The conditions and terms I posted above were from the last WOW sale...that is exactly what they go by and there is NO wording in there anywhere that talks about not being able to obtain a price drop. The only way you wouldn't be eligible for a price drop and still be able to keep the WOW benefits is if it's some special rate that is for new reservations only.

To the OP....call back and if they say no again ask to please be transfered over to the resolutions dept.

Archived