Oasis - are interconnecting rooms any noisier .

kazda

Hi

Travelling on Oasis next year and We have been allocated a cabin on deck 12 which turns out to be an interconnecting room, cabin 12202 category D1.

I read a review (somewhere) that interconnecting rooms are noisy as the door between the two rooms is very thin and it's almost like the door is open with the amount of noise that can be heard from people in the adjoining room.

Has anybody had a interconnecting room on the Oasis Who could confirm or deny the noise factor is any different from a non connecting room.

If I move to a room that is not interconnecting, the only one in the category that we have booked is on Deck 11.Cabin 11194

So I'm trying to work out if I should stay on deck 12 cabin 12202 in the interconnecting room or move down to deck 11 cabin 11194.

I realize the door between the 2 interconnecting rooms will not be opened during our cruise.

Any advice on interconnecting rooms on the Oasis and the noise filtering from the adjoining cabin would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

We had one on the Allure in June and I too had read some reviews about the noise and was worried too. Frankly, the only noise we heard was out in the hall and mostly folks slamming their cabin doors. Never heard anyone next door!

I decided to change to the cabin on deck 11 to avoid worrying about whether it will be noisy or not. There were only a few cabins left on deck 11 in our cabin grade and iif I didn't move quickly they may been taken.

We are traveling from Australia to be on the Oasis so really looking forward to it after traveling only on P&O cruises around the pacific islands in the past.

I decided to change to the cabin on deck 11 to avoid worrying about whether it will be noisy or not. There were only a few cabins left on deck 11 in our cabin grade and iif I didn't move quickly they may been taken.

We are traveling from Australia to be on the Oasis so really looking forward to it after traveling only on P&O cruises around the pacific islands in the past.

Good..You made the right choice..Why worry and take the chance..For me it's just the "feeling" of a lack of privacy.. real or not.

Nope! We had a connecting room on Oasis last June. We never heard the people next door. The ONLY thing we could hear was the doors slamming (but that happens on every ship when someone lets it go!)

We only had the connecting rooms one time and that wasn't a problem for us either.

We always get connecting rooms with our children...on the last cruise we didn't have them open the door and we never heard them (and they can get loud!)

:D:D But since they were "your" children if they got to loud you could at least tell them to be quiet..not so with strangers....security would have to ;)

I have never had a connecting room. In fact, on my current cruise in 2 weeks

I was considering a cabin with a better location but its a connecting cabin and

I think that I better stay put with a non connecting cabin.

Maybe it would be okay but why take the chance?

We got off the Oasis Saturday, had a JS and it was not connected. The worst noisy cruise ever!

Neighbors had a MP3 player, and played it at full volume on their balcony and in their stateroom. Tried to reason with them on three differnet occasions and ended up being verbally abused and called unpleasant things. Learned the hard way never try to reason with your neighbors, call guest relations immediately.

This is a round about way to answer you question. You may get no noise from your connected neighbors or meet up with jerks like we did. So if your neighbors are being really noisy just call guest relations and security will deal with it. I now know not to do it on my own.

Bottom line, connected room or not, you may encounter noise, but most likely not.

We got off the Oasis Saturday, had a JS and it was not connected. The worst noisy cruise ever!

Neighbors had a MP3 player, and played it at full volume on their balcony and in their stateroom. Tried to reason with them on three differnet occasions and ended up being verbally abused and called unpleasant things. Learned the hard way never try to reason with your neighbors, call guest relations immediately.

This is a round about way to answer you question. You may get no noise from your connected neighbors or meet up with jerks like we did. So if your neighbors are being really noisy just call guest relations and security will deal with it. I now know not to do it on my own.

Bottom line, connected room or not, you may encounter noise, but most likely not.

I for one am so sorry you had such a bad experience on your cruise..We always try to respect other cruisers and wish others would do the same..Loud TV, letting doors slam shut, loud voices etc..Come on people :mad:

Smart travelers bring earplugs. I can only suggest that you consider being a smart traveler.

"Smart travelers" might sleep through their alarm and miss their excursion. :o Not everyone brings ear plugs. For me, they don't work and are a nuisance. Obviously, JMO but I still consider myself a smart traveler. :D

No noise on Allure connecting.

Had connecting room on the Oasis last summer. Didn't realize it until too late to change. The occupants next door were a middle school age boy, his mom and grandmother. We HEARD noise! They were a loud talking group. The boy was a very extroverted child. He was a great kid when we would visit. Toward the end of the week, things calmed a bit. It wasn't bad. They were only noisy when getting up and out. Not a problem. I think the noise factor is in direct proportion to the occupants. Just glad our connecting neighbors were a family group with loud voices rather than a loud group with raucous behavior.

Archived