Tip envelopes

But they don't!

You can get all the envelopes you want at guest services to do with as you wish.

But the OP isn't talking about extra envelopes that we request. He's specifically talking about the envelope for the MD that Carnival insist on leaving for us.

Personally, if I see an envelope I don't intend using it will find its way into the trash. Problem solved.

But the OP isn't talking about extra envelopes that we request. He's specifically talking about the envelope for the MD that Carnival insist on leaving for us.

Personally, if I see an envelope I don't intend using it will find its way into the trash. Problem solved.

Um, wouldn't it be better to just leave it where it is so that it may be re-used?:)

Um, wouldn't it be better to just leave it where it is so that it may be re-used?:)

Not if 1) I object to its presence and 2) I object to having trash lying around in my room.

Edit: I suppose I could learn a little origami and use the envelope to make a nice little bird creation or something and leave it for the steward.

In this thread its more about the oxymoron. If you eliminate envelopes for OUR convenience,why do you still drop one off in my cabin for the Salaried Maitre'd? Its just so inconvenient isn't it?

I'll be the first to admit, I never tip the Maitre'd. He never introduces himself, he never goes out of his way to do anything specifically for us, therefore I do not tip him. It is a choice. The envelope I use to place an extra tip for my room steward or someone who I feel has gone above and beyond. It's all about choices. You just choose to complain and complain and complain instead of just dealing with it, making adjustments and moving on.

If the autotip is for our convenience so we don't need to carry around huge sums of cash and a calculator to figure it all out and risk cutting ourselves on those envelopes......

Why does an envelope for the salaried Matre'D always appear in my cabin?

I thought they did away with envelopes.......for my convenience?

you may have noticed they are already backdooring tipping the maitr 'd in the auto tip if you prepay, and you are with a group.

it is just a matter of time before he is part of your auto tip. no envelope necessary.

i was hookwinked into tipping him early in my cruising career, until i got wise.

If the autotip is for our convenience so we don't need to carry around huge sums of cash and a calculator to figure it all out and risk cutting ourselves on those envelopes......

Why does an envelope for the salaried Matre'D always appear in my cabin?

I thought they did away with envelopes.......for my convenience?

For some reason you think it's all about you. You think the that telescope in Mickie's office is actually looking at you. bursting your balloon It's for our convenience. tossing the box of tissues to ya Get over it. :)

hey! hope you safe with that storm hitting up there. hope you're not near nome!

no we are outside of anchorage...we have a huge SUV all terrain type of thing and there are always the dogs to get us thru if need be.

It is really special up here right now..a real winter wonderland. We had a reprise from the weather recently and did all our hunting and ice fishing and I did some canning as well..so we are good to go for the winter.

no we are outside of anchorage...we have a huge SUV all terrain type of thing and there are always the dogs to get us thru if need be.

It is really special up here right now..a real winter wonderland. We had a reprise from the weather recently and did all our hunting and ice fishing and I did some canning as well..so we are good to go for the winter.

nothing like canned walrus this time of year!

nothing like canned walrus this time of year!

stop...we don't eat walrus!! At least my family doesn't anyway. We actually play tennis though...all year long. DH is a retired petroleum engineer and he and a few of his buddies started a side business and built a heated tennis dome about a mile down the road. He handles that in his retirement and I handle the dogs.

You should cruise up this way if you haven't already...on the CCL northbound route they have a deal where you can add a few days at a very expensive cost and take the train to Denali and stay in the lodge...

we met some folks who were doing this a few years ago and they loved it. We are actually cruising to Hawaii with these people next year from Calif roundtrip...I hope the kids like that cruise. We have 9 between the 2 families. Sort of concerned that the kid's club will be too quiet.

Just for clarification, every member on board that ship..who is an employee of Carnival gets a salary. Tipping should be for all the services you receive, room steward, bar tender , waiter, busers etc....I feel many people don't tip what they should. You will leave a tip at the hair salon or restaurant at home, but for some reason when on holiday some people figure it should be included in the price of their ticket.

stop...we don't eat walrus!! At least my family doesn't anyway. We actually play tennis though...all year long. DH is a retired petroleum engineer and he and a few of his buddies started a side business and built a heated tennis dome about a mile down the road. He handles that in his retirement and I handle the dogs.

You should cruise up this way if you haven't already...on the CCL northbound route they have a deal where you can add a few days at a very expensive cost and take the train to Denali and stay in the lodge...

we met some folks who were doing this a few years ago and they loved it. We are actually cruising to Hawaii with these people next year from Calif roundtrip...I hope the kids like that cruise. We have 9 between the 2 families. Sort of concerned that the kid's club will be too quiet.

the only one i know of that cruised up there died, so i'm a little skepical. i also grew out of my snowshoes, and without rebates, can not afford new ones.

however, with my new titanium tennnis racket to use at those courts, i may be able to kill two loons with one stone.

Archived