Tip envelopes

If the autotip is for our convenience so we don't need to carry around huge sums of cash and a calculator to figure it all out and risk cutting ourselves on those envelopes......

Why does an envelope for the salaried Matre'D always appear in my cabin?

I thought they did away with envelopes.......for my convenience?

Once again 2 + 2 = 7.

If you don't like the tipping situation on CCl, then either do what you want or move to another line, but for goodness sakes let it go!

How does that respond to the question? If you don't like the question,MOVE to another one.Thats what you say right?

Stop attacking me personally. If you don't like CC rules move to another board.

Dude, really??? Another thread about tipping???You have already started 6 threads within the last few days concerning this topic!

If anybody is interested in "contributing" to the other tipping threads by cruisecruisecruise2011, here they are:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1513448

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1514077

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1510633

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1510254

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1510860

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1496698

I think we all get the fact that you don't like, agree or care for the tipping method of Carnival. I'm not sure how creating a new thread when you feel you have gotten nowhere with your other threads is going to get people to see your side of it. You have your opinions, we get that. Not everyone is going to agree with you or share in your opinions. We all have our own, we just don't feel the need to be as vocal as others. Please, please, PLEASE do yourself and us all a favor and just move on. I'm tired of the overall moaning and complaining of how CCL doesn't do this right or doesn't do that right. If you aren't happy as a whole, do as others have said and cruise another line. However, I can guarantee you and will bet a DOD that you'll find something to complain about on the other lines.

Whatever happened to the old saying, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say nothing at all?!?

Bottom line...let it go.

I think we all get the fact that you don't like, agree or care for the tipping method of Carnival. I'm not sure how creating a new thread when you feel you have gotten nowhere with your other threads is going to get people to see your side of it. You have your opinions, we get that. Not everyone is going to agree with you or share in your opinions. We all have our own, we just don't feel the need to be as vocal as others. Please, please, PLEASE do yourself and us all a favor and just move on. I'm tired of the overall moaning and complaining of how CCL doesn't do this right or doesn't do that right. If you aren't happy as a whole, do as others have said and cruise another line. However, I can guarantee you and will bet a DOD that you'll find something to complain about on the other lines.

Whatever happened to the old saying, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say nothing at all?!?

Bottom line...let it go.

In this thread its more about the oxymoron. If you eliminate envelopes for OUR convenience,why do you still drop one off in my cabin for the Salaried Maitre'd? Its just so inconvenient isn't it?

In this thread its more about the oxymoron. If you eliminate envelopes for OUR convenience,why do you still drop one off in my cabin for the Salaried Maitre'd? Its just so inconvenient isn't it?

If the Maitre'd does something for you for which you wish to express your gratitude they have provided an envelope for your convenience in which to express said gratitude (it is my understanding that even though salaried Maitre'd still receive some tips if they help a pasenger directly). If this doesn't apply to you then you may leave the envelope empty. (I have never needed a Maitre'd's assistance for anything so my envelope would be empty, too.)

If the Maitre'd does something for you for which you wish to express your gratitude they have provided an envelope for your convenience in which to express said gratitude (it is my understanding that even though salaried Maitre'd still receive some tips if they help a pasenger directly). If this doesn't apply to you then you may leave the envelope empty. (I have never needed a Maitre'd's assistance for anything so my envelope would be empty, too.)

So why would you not have envelopes for many others as well?

I can't see the thread because I have this person blocked. Maybe one of you who have replied can report the poster to the mods. Oh, wait... he/she will just reincarnate. Again. :rolleyes:

I could report this post to the mods as it violates CC guidelines.:rolleyes:

Just debatable subjects on current events.If smoking was popular this week there would be a few of those.But just for you,smoking will be popular next week.

Each click earns some income for the site owners and threads that generate many views generates income.

Its funny how the cruiseline removes the envelopes for the waiters and stewards and keeps thge maitre'd one.:rolleyes:

Archived