One Year Ago Today on the Grand Princess

Cupcrazy

One year ago today I embarked on the Grand Princess. (pre dry dock).

14 day round trip from Ft. Lauderdale to Aruba, Curacao, Grenada, Barbados, St. Vincent, Antigua, Santo Domingo, St. Thomas & Princess Cays. This was the best cruise I've ever been on. Probably because it was 14 days and seemed like it was never ending. The ports were all fantastic besides Santo Domingo which was completely different from all the other ports. I wouldn't go back. This was the last cruise I've been on. Hoping to book something soon.

Here are 2 videos from my trip.

- Cruise Video

- Princess Pop Choir

ENJOY!

Was on that one too. We were pretty glad we had the head honcho from the tourist authority as our guide in Santo Domingo. Wouldn't want to wander around the places he took us without someone who was clearly known and respected. The poverty in some of those areas made you think.

We were on it also. What a wonderful cruise it was!!! We also did not care for Santo Domingo. We had an aft cabin and usually enjoyed the view while in ports BUT the garbage in the water was terrible - didn't want to sit on the balcony because of it. We didn't take a tour but decided to take a walko find some wine. A police officer stoped us at the top of the hill and told us not to go right. We started walking the other way and ran into some shady characters and after less than a mile decided to turn around and go back to the ship.

We were on that same cruise! Wonderful trip! I took a city tour in Santo Domingo (Princess excursion), it was very interesting!

Two weeks from today (Nov. 22) we begin our Panama Canal cruise on the Coral. Second cruise through the Panama Canal, can't wait!!! :)

One year ago today I embarked on the Grand Princess. (pre dry dock).

14 day round trip from Ft. Lauderdale to Aruba, Curacao, Grenada, Barbados, St. Vincent, Antigua, Santo Domingo, St. Thomas & Princess Cays. This was the best cruise I've ever been on. Probably because it was 14 days and seemed like it was never ending. The ports were all fantastic besides Santo Domingo which was completely different from all the other ports. I wouldn't go back. This was the last cruise I've been on. Hoping to book something soon.

Here are 2 videos from my trip.

- Cruise Video

- Princess Pop Choir

ENJOY!

It seems that nobody liked Santo Domingo. It was weird that was one of the ports because it was completely different than all the others. We got off the ship and in the terminal they were selling bus tickets to the "shopping district". So we decided to get on that bus and take a look. They dropped us off on the side of a major street. One of the guys said he'd take us to the shopping area so we followed him. We walked for about 10 minutes and ended up at one big souvenir store. Then the guy wouldn't stop following us until we told him in not so many words to get lost. That wasn't what we were looking for so we headed back to the bus and back to the ship.

It really was the worst port I've been to. I would have proffered another sea day. But in the end it was a new place I haven't seen before. But won't be back.

I wouldn't say we didn't like it although it certainly was very different to anything else we saw on that cruise. We were just very lucky that, owing to a dispute at the cruise terminal, we acquired the services of the main man to show us round the place. Places like the Catherdral, the Christopher Columbus Mausoleum, the University and the Palace were very interesting to see. The guide spoke perfect English although we later learned that some of the other guides hardly spoke a word of it.

We did the same cruise on 12/2/2010 and I agree with your comments. We are on The Grand the same 2 weeks this year but it is a b2b with the middle Saturday back to Ft Lauderdale. Not as good but no other choice available for 2 week cruise.

We did the same cruise on 12/2/2010 and I agree with your comments. We are on The Grand the same 2 weeks this year but it is a b2b with the middle Saturday back to Ft Lauderdale. Not as good but no other choice available for 2 week cruise.

That was my first 2 week cruise and now I feel spoiled and only want to do 2 weeks. But when looking around it seems like a B2B is what i'm going to have to settle for. But it's a cruise and I'll take it

Does anyone remember a British gentleman - Trevor???

Is that you?

That was my first 2 week cruise and now I feel spoiled and only want to do 2 weeks. But when looking around it seems like a B2B is what i'm going to have to settle for. But it's a cruise and I'll take it

Is that you?

NO, but we spent alot of time with him and I lost his e-mail address and would love to get in touch with him. He was a character.

NO, but we spent alot of time with him and I lost his e-mail address and would love to get in touch with him. He was a character.

Oh, sorry about that. I've had that same thing one time where we met some people on a ship had a great time but the last night we never saw each other and never exchanged info

Archived