Dream or Magic??

mi3stooges

I've been on the Magic and the Wonder, but I really want to try the Dream. The Magic leaves close to home for 8 nights and the Dream is 5 nights. Cost would be about the same, I'm just not sure which to choose. There are six of us are going, half of us have been on the older ships and the other half haven't been at all!! And...the youngest will be almost 17 when we go!!

The Dream and Fantasy cruises are kind of pricey right now- but depending on your budget, you could consider both....

If you want a bit more bang for your money, do the Magic (more days, less money). If you want to try out the Dream (less days, but newer) it's there too.

If you need transportation to the ship, whichever it may be- be sure to figure that into the cost.

Our first cruise was on the Wonder (rebooked on the cruise for the Dream at the end of the month).

Then we unexpectedly had a chance to do the WBTA in September at a really good price, and went for it! And the Dream is next, so we'll have a good idea which type of ship is for us.

So, depending on what you're looking for (new or classic- longer cruise or shorter) and what you feel comfortable spending, go for it!!

I've done the Magic and LOVED everything about her! Have another cruise scheduled for March and then trying the Dream in May. Honestly? I'm way more excited about my Magic cruise, the Dream just doesn't excite me nearly as much......

Now the Fantasy, with all the changes they made after discovering their mistakes on the Dream..... that one intrigues me.....

I've done the Magic and LOVED everything about her! Have another cruise scheduled for March and then trying the Dream in May. Honestly? I'm way more excited about my Magic cruise, the Dream just doesn't excite me nearly as much......

Now the Fantasy, with all the changes they made after discovering their mistakes on the Dream..... that one intrigues me.....

Thanks *Flower*.....

Karajeboo...what kind of changes??!!

There were a few things we loved about the Dream--Remy, Pink, and the concierge lounge. That said, overall we much prefered the Magic. The Dream is just too darn big. The cabins are smaller, and while it didn't feel crowded, we really spent the majority of our time in the cabin, concierge lounge, and concierge sundeck. Would I cruise on the Dream again? Yes, but not if I could cruise the Magic for less.

The main changes on fantasy vs dream is in the pool area and more splash areas for the little kids.

There was a recent thread on here showing the info from DCL.

My kids aren't young...lol. But do you know if the Fantasy pools will be bigger than the Dreams??

My kids aren't young...lol. But do you know if the Fantasy pools will be bigger than the Dreams??

I havent seen any info on pool size. The thread about. ...Disney fantasy begins construction.... Has some schemes of the new pool areas.

Archived