Emerald Princess 11/8/11 Cruise

1 HappyCruiser

:( :( But it's always a sea day for us ! ;) :(
Princess Cays is always a sea day for us too! We really did miss the dining room being open for lunch. There would have been only one day out of the 10 that we wouldn't have dined in there. We ended up eating in the back of the Caribe Cafe but it just wasn't the same as being served in the dining room.

Princess Cays is always a sea day for us too! We really did miss the dining room being open for lunch. There would have been only one day out of the 10 that we wouldn't have dined in there. We ended up eating in the back of the Caribe Cafe but it just wasn't the same as being served in the dining room.

If I read the itinerary correctly you were on the Southern route. Was the dining room open on the two half days (Bonaire and Grenada)?

Muster Drill is typically 45 minutes prior to departure.
...but, not for 11PM departures from San Juan.

The 16h00 departure from Ft. Lauderdale is new, which is why I was

asking.

I said "typically" to account for departures like those from San Juan. On our last five cruises over the last two years departing in the afternoon (between 3:30 and 6:00) the Muster Drill has always been scheduled 45 minutes prior to departure.

I just checked the patters quickly & see that they leave the Da Vinci DR open on those two days for lunch from noon to 1:30 PM.

Thank you SO much for checking!!!

That means that at least 5 out of the 10 days the dining room will be open.

(Been to these islands before so sometimes it's nice just to have an extra sea day when most of the people are off the ship!)

The ship is in excellent condition. DH was told that a special team was recently on board for 3 months doing 'sprucing up'. We have noted the wooden rails look new, in that they've been sanded down to bare wood and then varnished. There are nice new loungers around Neptune's Reef pool, new cushions around Calypso Pool, and new tables and chairs on the Terrace Deck behind Cafe Caribe. The staff and crew are very friendly and seem quite happy. I know that we certainly are, being on board! In our view, the Emerald just keeps getting better and better.

One last note: Internet is 100% better than last year. Still slow, of course. Nd a bit unreliable, but hugely improved.

One last note: Internet is 100% better than last year. Still slow, of course. Nd a bit unreliable, but hugely improved.

Excellent! I will be taking my laptop and the couple I'm cruising with said last year it was really really really bad ;). Not that I plan on being online allot but its nice to be able to quickly log on and off in your room if needed.

The ship is in excellent condition. DH was told that a special team was recently on board for 3 months doing 'sprucing up'. We have noted the wooden rails look new, in that they've been sanded down to bare wood and then varnished. There are nice new loungers around Neptune's Reef pool, new cushions around Calypso Pool, and new tables and chairs on the Terrace Deck behind Cafe Caribe. The staff and crew are very friendly and seem quite happy. I know that we certainly are, being on board! In our view, the Emerald just keeps getting better and better.

Loved the Emerald! :) Good to hear that she is in such good shape!

Archived