Emerald Princess 11/8/11 Cruise

1 HappyCruiser

We were on the Oct. 29-Nov. 8 cruise and the most traveled had 1413 days! The next in line 681 days, and 3rd 648 and we too had over 200 Elite passengers on board for our cruise.

Enjoy your cruise..we had a fabulous time on the Emerald Princess..the staff was just great.

How is the cruise thus far ..the weather..food ..entertainment..love a little info! :p

A little choppy the first day out but has since calmed down & no rain, Princess Cays tenders exciting & slow to reach the island, ribs & chicken were actually cold but other items just as normal. Entertainment has been OK but since most things have been a repeat for us we skip most. Food in the AT is good as usualy, shorts OK for the first night. On formal night you can get away with a long sleeve dress shirt/pants without the jacket. Most guys did have a least a suit with lots of tuxes. :D They not block off the area where you can shoot your own photo's of the champagne event & only their photog has access to any decent angle. :mad:

We were on the Oct. 29-Nov. 8 cruise and the most traveled had 1413 days! The next in line 681 days, and 3rd 648 and we too had over 200 Elite passengers on board for our cruise.

Enjoy your cruise..we had a fabulous time on the Emerald Princess..the staff was just great.

Sounds very similar.

That is crazy! I doubt that I will ever see a "most cruised" luncheon, but love to hear about them!:)

The capt circle host said that this captain doesn't like luncheons & as long as she's been with him it's always been a cocktail affaire.

Also the DR is closed on port days, Cafe Caribe closes at 11 or 12 midnight.

[

The capt circle host said that this captain doesn't like luncheons & as long as she's been with him it's always been a cocktail affaire.

Also the DR is closed on port days, Cafe Caribe closes at 11 or 12 midnight.

Who's the captain? :(

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.....:):):)

Regarding our most traveled luncheon, on our recently completed Ruby Med-T/A the winner had over 1400 Second place had 400 less days. Amayzing to have that many days at sea.....

Bob

On our most recent cruise the most traveled couple had over 2000 days on Princess.

What hours is the IC open?
24/7
The only thing is that the menu changes depending on time of day.
Having the IC open overnight rather than the HC appears to be a good compromise to me. I hope the IC is still open 24/7 on our TA/Baltic B2B next Spring. We have been on ships with an IC but I wonder what was available overnight?

Having the IC open overnight rather than the HC appears to be a good compromise to me. We have been on ships with an IC but I wonder what was available overnight?

Same food is available that they have out in the afternoon plus some platters of cheese.

The Most Traveled affair is a cocktail party with a cutoff of 331 days. Over 200 Elite members on board with the highest having over 1,000 sailing days & the 2nd & 3 rd place having around 650 days.

Pretty much identical on our cruise 10/29. Only the high was 1450.

Another cutback having cocktails instead of the luncheon. :mad:

Pretty much identical on our cruise 10/29. Only the high was 1450.

Another cutback having cocktails instead of the luncheon. :mad:

Not a real cutback, it is the Captain's choice.

One advantage of the cocktail party is that you have a chance to converse with a number of the offricers, not just the one you would have access to at the luncheon.

Not a real cutback, it is the Captain's choice.

One advantage of the cocktail party is that you have a chance to converse with a number of the offricers, not just the one you would have access to at the luncheon.

Not the Captains choice on our cruise.

It was the Captains Circle host decision, and she did this on the prior cruises as well.

We have been to many, much prefer the luncheon.

And yes it is a cutback in IMO.

The Most Traveled affair is a cocktail party with a cutoff of 331 days. Over 200 Elite members on board with the highest having over 1,000 sailing days & the 2nd & 3 rd place having around 650 days.

With the new 16:00 departure, when is the muster drill?

Dining room was closed for lunch when we were at Princess Cays!:(

We were on the island for lunch that day & we usually enjoy the ribs but this time they were terrible as was the bar-b-q'd chicken. It was prepaired on the ship & brought to the island & practically served cold. About the only think that wasen't cold was the hot dogs, chicken breast & hamburgers that were being cooked on the grill- I'm going to but in a comment about it today. On past cruises it was just acceptable but on this one they reached the limit of being bad.

The Horizion buffet had been great for every meal we've eaten there including the Italian night last night.

Archived