why can't i get past guest rates on ccl site?

momofdss

we booked 2 cabins early saver and i'm checking rates constantly for price drops, but one of the cabins will never show me past guest rates - only fun select rates.

i've been told that it's because my specific category is sold out, but i'm doing a false booking and can't get past guest rates....

is anyone else having a problem like this, or is it just me? i'm on the jan 15 sailing out of new orleans - trying to get rates on an inside cabin for 3. the site gives me all the info i want for the balcony cabin, but nothing for the inside cabin.

and honestly if it was "sold out", then it would say unavailable, and not give me rates at all, right? :confused: can anyone put some clarity to this, please? thanks!

Was having the same problem when I was doing the regualr booking engine, but I found when I go to Carnival Rate Checker, I can get the past guest rate to come up. Just figured this out this morning. Here is the link, give it a try..

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/

nope.... still only gives me fun select prices -- weird. gives me past guest rates for every other category and even for inside with different # of guests, but not 3.... :rolleyes:

Was having the same problem when I was doing the regualr booking engine, but I found when I go to Carnival Rate Checker, I can get the past guest rate to come up. Just figured this out this morning. Here is the link, give it a try..

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but the site shows a higher rate then what Carnivals regular site shows. Has anyone else noticed that or am I doing something wrong?

If you look at other TA websites you will see that on that particular date Carnival is only offering one rate for interior cabins. At the current time Carnival is not offering Past Guest Rate on interior rooms but they are offering past guest rates and senior rates for oceanview categories and balcony categories. They are also offering senior rates but not past guest rates for suites.

Like others have said ... Carnival is only offering one rate at this time on that sailing for interior rooms.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but the site shows a higher rate then what Carnivals regular site shows. Has anyone else noticed that or am I doing something wrong?

NEVER MIND... I realize now that this site shows you the total amount of the cabin and the other is per person.

thank you everyone....

i'm not sure why it's offering past guest rates for 2 people and not 3, but the rate we currently have is pretty good and will be hard to beat, so i'm not complaining..... just couldn't figure it out....

i might just call carnival and ask for the rates and see what they say - when i find the time.. :rolleyes:

thanks again......

HEY thanks so much for the website... One of my cabins had a price drop! whoo-hoo.

Now how do I submit whatever it is I need to submit?

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

if you booked through a TA you need to ask them to submit the form, if you booked yourself, fill this out......

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

if you booked through a TA you need to ask them to submit the form, if you booked yourself, fill this out......

Thanks I just did but I booked a past guest rate and it says it is only for the EARLY SAVER. I sent it anyway. We'll see what happens. I guess the worst case is they say no.

Thanks I just did but I booked a past guest rate and it says it is only for the EARLY SAVER. I sent it anyway. We'll see what happens. I guess the worst case is they say no.

Only early Saver rates are supposed to use that form~ and since you booked PG, if you are before final payment you should be able to call Carnival and get the price reduced. If however you are after final payment the only thing you would be able to get is an upgrade~no OBC

Archived