Cocoa Cay Plan going ashore?

Funcouple

It's a beach day, pure and simple! Find a spot that suits you, and do "beachy things'...swimming, eating, drinking, reading....whatever! Your teen can roam about and find like-minded/age appropriate diversions...

There is no "first" thing to do....just enjoy the surroundings! If you want a floating mat, they are very available once you get there, and find your perfect spot. No need to reserve in advance.

The BBQ lunch is nice. You don't have to stay all day...you may come and go as you wish.

We are always the first tender off, last tender back. It is a total beach day. We have our favorite place, park our stuff, and relax. Enjoy the lunch, we snorkel, I usually take a walk down the beach. But for the most part, we lay on our chairs and chill.

We are always the first tender off, last tender back. It is a total beach day. We have our favorite place, park our stuff, and relax. Enjoy the lunch, we snorkel, I usually take a walk down the beach. But for the most part, we lay on our chairs and chill.

I know that some cold weather fronts make it down that way, but the last thing I want to do on a caribbean cruise is "CHILL!" ... I know, I know, chill means relax. just teasing.:D

We have reserved the Eco Boat Tour for something to do. Actually I hope we have to skip this port and have an extra sea day. Most folks may not like to hear this but we are not real fond of the snorkeling this far north. It's just ok!

Earl

We are in the same age range with two teenage boys. When we have been to Cococay we usually ride the waverunners (make sure your 16 year old brings his drivers license if he has one). Afterwards we relax and enjoy the beach or lay in the hammocks. We too are on the first tender over and the last one back.

First thing to do is find your beach chairs. Remember, the sun does move throughout the day, so if you desire shade, keep that in mind.

If you plan to snorkel, go to the first possible mandatory orientation session and get that out of the way.

If your son is into any competitive activities, try the volleyball tournament.

A couple pictures to show you what to expect

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0606-1.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

If you plan to snorkel, go to the first possible mandatory orientation session and get that out of the way.

Mandatory orientation session for snorkeling? I've been to Coco Cay 3 times now and have snorkeled twice and have never had to attend an orientation session. The only thing I've had to do was wear the life vest.

Archived