Bed placements Oasis/Allure

molly361

Glad you started this thread,had no idea that thats how it works.Correct me if I am wrong but we are looking at cabins 10606 through 10622,so 10608,10612,10616,10620 would be by the balcony?

Yes, those are balconies.

• 1 month later...
Can you please tell me if my bed will be by the closet or the balcony in Oasis cabin 8538?

Thank you!

Look at connecting cabins 8550 and 8552 on the deck plan as if you are in the hallway looking at the doors. These are the closest connecting cabins to the one you have. So we know they are a pair. All pairs have the bed by the balcony in the right cabin and bed by the closet in the left cabin (looking from the hallway)

The cabin 8552 on the RIGHT of the connecting pair has the bed by the BALCONY; the cabin on the LEFT of the pair has the bed by the CLOSET. Count every cabin down the hallway to yours, from 8552, balcony, closet, balc, closet etc, till you get to 8538- you will see it's in the left side of its "pair and the bed is bed by the closet.

Any idea on the bed location in room 9692? Heading out on the November 24 sailing to celebrate 25th wedding anniversary and both DH and my birthdays! He doesn't know yet so when I tell him on our anniversary next week I'd like to have as much information as possible for the big surprise. Only wish we could have afforded a nice big suite....maybe on our 50th!

Any idea on the bed location in room 9692? Heading out on the November 24 sailing to celebrate 25th wedding anniversary and both DH and my birthdays! He doesn't know yet so when I tell him on our anniversary next week I'd like to have as much information as possible for the big surprise. Only wish we could have afforded a nice big suite....maybe on our 50th!

Balcony.

You know something I find real funny.....Solstice class ships on Celebrity have the same alternating cabin layout like Oasis/Allure...yet on the Celebrity forum most favor the cabin layout with the bed by the closet saying that they like having the living area open to the balcony.....on here it's the opposite...most favor the bed by the balcony ....go figure.

Edited by bajathree

You know something I find real funny.....Solstice class ships on Celebrity have the same alternating cabin layout like Oasis/Allure...yet on the Celebrity forum most favor the cabin layout with the bed by the closet saying that they like having the living area open to the balcony.....on here it's the opposite...most favor the bed by the balcony ....go figure.

Is the closet just as much of a pain to get into on a Solstice class ship as it is on Oasis when the bed is by the closet?

Balcony.

Ocean Boy - Thanks so much for your quick response. I too think i will like it next to the balcony as DH and I can lounge in bed and watch the ocean go by! When I was on the Oasis two years ago with my mom we were in a Boardwalk balcony cabin and the bed was near the closet and I remember it being a bit difficult getting in/out of it.

We have two room at the very front of the ship deck 7, they are ocean view. 7500 and 7502. There is an odd number of cabins so the connecting cabin trick doesn't really work. Any help?

Thanks in advance!!

Never been able to figure out those front cabins.

I was on the Silhouette and the sofa was by the closet. I would have hated it if the bed was by the closet. I guess it's all a personal choice.

Is the closet just as much of a pain to get into on a Solstice class ship as it is on Oasis when the bed is by the closet?

I haven't been on the Allure or Oasis yet but I can tell you that the closet would have been difficult to get to if the bed was by it. I made sure we had a cabin with the sofa by it.

Patty

Good. I hate it when you and I are on different side of various issues.;):p

Doesn't happen often;)

I guess it depends on who you are planning to entertain with an ocean view and where- couch or bed;):eek:

I haven't been on the Allure or Oasis yet but I can tell you that the closet would have been difficult to get to if the bed was by it. I made sure we had a cabin with the sofa by it.

Patty

Patty, I guess on Oasis and Allure,the cabins are a little smaller and so those beds are so close to the closet which opens on the bed side, rather than the bath hall, as they do on other ships. This is why people find it a tight fit.

Others love the sofa by the balcony so the can have friends over or view the water while sitting. I'm with you though, I like the sofa by the closet to since we rarely use it except to store towels and day bags, it's already by the other storage area:D