Bed placements Oasis/Allure

molly361

I am so glad I found this thread! I'm having a problem though - we need a room with a sofa bed (there are four of us - two adults, two small kids) but from my scans of a few decks, ALL the rooms with sofa beds have the sofa by the balcony and the bed by the closet. I want the bed by the balcony so we can tuck the kidlets in their sofa bed and then we have access to the balcony without bothering them.

If anyone would be willing to have a look at the deck plans and confirm for me if you are finding the same thing... I would really appreciate it!

I am so glad I found this thread! I'm having a problem though - we need a room with a sofa bed (there are four of us - two adults, two small kids) but from my scans of a few decks, ALL the rooms with sofa beds have the sofa by the balcony and the bed by the closet. I want the bed by the balcony so we can tuck the kidlets in their sofa bed and then we have access to the balcony without bothering them.

If anyone would be willing to have a look at the deck plans and confirm for me if you are finding the same thing... I would really appreciate it!

Wouldn't happen on Oasis/Allure in a standard cabin....all of the standards will have the "sofa-bed" by the slider.

In all honesty...I am not sure why so many people make a big deal of wanting the bed by the slider...I have stayed in both floor plans....pluses and minus to each. I have even stayed in a cabin with the bed by the closet with the beds separated and had no issue accessing the closet...just get the side table out of the way...tuck it under the bed;) In reality the floor-plan with the bed by the closet opens the balcony up much more to the cabin....the bed by the sliders makes it more removed feeling. In any case both floor plans are fine...and I myself have come to like the bed by the closet even a bit better as of late.

Its a big deal when you are tip-toeing around sleeping small children, trying to enjoy your evening without waking them up! :) My goal is to get the best setup that allows the kids to go to bed at their bedtime, but lets DH and I have a drink on our balcony without waking the little ones when we come in/out.

Doesn't sound like that's going to be a possibility for us though. :confused:

Its a big deal when you are tip-toeing around sleeping small children, trying to enjoy your evening without waking them up! :) My goal is to get the best setup that allows the kids to go to bed at their bedtime, but lets DH and I have a drink on our balcony without waking the little ones when we come in/out.

Doesn't sound like that's going to be a possibility for us though. :confused:

Not on Oasis/Allure unless you go into a suite or family cabin....it's a fire safety code thing on Oasis/Allure....that is why all standard cabins will have the sofa-bed by the slider....so in case of a fire you can get out of the cabin. If it's that much of an issue...maybe think of going into a JS.