Bed placements Oasis/Allure

molly361

Bob,

Any info on Harmony, just off the Allure yesterday, hate to be back home, booked onboard for Harmony and trying to figure out their configuration, called Royal and they were no help. We want 3 cabins and prefer connecting balconies, want at least 2 of cabins to have bed by balcony....any thoughts, someone on board the Allure told us all the beds will be by balcony on Harmony???

And I would almost bet anything that the person on Allure who said that is wrong. That can only happen if they go back to having rectangular shaped cabins as on Radiance/Voyager/Freedom class ships. And that will mean less cabins per floor. So I don't think it will happen but time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. i would appreciate someone to confirm this if possible please.

After searching around, it appears that my upcoming D5 category Superior ocean-view balcony cabin #12700 on Oasis of the Seas has the bed next to the balcony.

Is that correct?

If there is anything else noteworthy about the cabin or its location I'd appreciate that information too.

Thanks.

After searching around, it appears that my upcoming D5 category Superior ocean-view balcony cabin #12700 on Oasis of the Seas has the bed next to the balcony.

Is that correct?

If there is anything else noteworthy about the cabin or its location I'd appreciate that information too.

Thanks.

Yes, 12700 has the bed near the balcony. I don't notice anything bad about it.

Is that correct?

Thanks.

We stayed one deck down in 11700, room was fine, good location

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bob (and others) you have been very helpful with the bed placement questions.

We will be going on Allure with my Mother who needs an accessible cabin and because of caregiving and such my husband and I will need to stay in the cabin with her so we are looking for a cabin that will hold three.

It would be best if my Mom's bed (will set them up as twins) was closest to the bathroom and the third bed (pullman or sofa sleeper) was further away.

Does the same rule of bed placement apply to the handicapped units. We are considering cabins:

Any comments on these cabins (including any ocean movement) would be appreciated.

Jill

Bob (and others) you have been very helpful with the bed placement questions.

We will be going on Allure with my Mother who needs an accessible cabin and because of caregiving and such my husband and I will need to stay in the cabin with her so we are looking for a cabin that will hold three.

It would be best if my Mom's bed (will set them up as twins) was closest to the bathroom and the third bed (pullman or sofa sleeper) was further away.

Does the same rule of bed placement apply to the handicapped units. We are considering cabins:

Any comments on these cabins (including any ocean movement) would be appreciated.

Jill

All cabins, other than Jr. suite and above, that can hold more than two people have the bed by the closet so you should get the type of configuation that you are hoping for.

Nick and Ocean Boy, thank you very much for the information.

The website is helpful but it does not list any of the cabins we are considering so guessing it does not include the accessible cabins. Ocean Boy, good to know that it appears the bed will be by the closet (and thus close to the bathroom).

Thank you both again for responding.

Jill

Nick and Ocean Boy, thank you very much for the information.

The website is helpful but it does not list any of the cabins we are considering so guessing it does not include the accessible cabins. Ocean Boy, good to know that it appears the bed will be by the closet (and thus close to the bathroom).

Thank you both again for responding.

Jill

I hope what I wrote works for those accessible rooms. They seem to be clustered together and might have a very different set-up than other cabins. I hope it works out for you.

Any info on 14166 on allure? It's a d3 accessible stateroom...

IF accessible cabins follow the rules I would say the bed is by the balcony but I am just not sure about this. I'd like to see one of these cabins in person or at least read a post from someone who has stayed in one and can describe the interior set-up.

Ocean Boy, thanks for the follow up information. In my case while it would be better to have the bed closer to the bathroom for my Mother it is not overly critical. She uses a walker at night so while it would be easier for her to have the bed close to the bathroom she is able to walk so its not a deal breaker.

Jill

Thank you! I found an explanation and figured it out myself so thank you for the confirmation!

You're welcome, and thanks for confirming. It's always nice to have someone concur.

So, no 4 person cabins on Allure have the bed by the balcony?

Do they fold the couch bed up during the day and turn it down again at night?

No "B", "C", or "D" category staterooms that hold more than two people have the main bed by the balcony.

The stateroom attendant will fold up the bed for the day and extend the bed for the night.

Edited by clarea

No "B", "C", or "D" category staterooms that hold more than two people have the main bed by the balcony.

The stateroom attendant will fold up the bed for the day and extend the bed for the night.

This is a bummer, so now my 7 year old will get the view! Haha