panty hose, sandels, spanx

claudiaj

So this may sound stupid-but I have formal sandels/heels to wear with a pencil skirt-I really want to wear panty hose as my legs are so white, fat, and full of spider veins-but am not sure they will look ok with fancy heels. I also am wondering if the panty hose go first or the spanx go on first? Very confusing. To much to wear to look skinny.

Claudiaj

I'd get the spanks that go up all the way to your bra and then end in bike shorts. "higher power" I think they are called?

Honestly, just say no nylons with sandals :p -- but to combat the white legs, maybe go for a spray tan? I think tan legs always look thinner lol

If you don't want to do the spray tan route, try "tan towels" - they are DIY and totally great .. no more orange streaks like old self tanning cream !

The Spanx hose are wonderful. I have the fishnets which I've used for Halloween for the last 3 years. They are durable and the Spanx part is nice & tight. They are pricey but if you will use them multiple times I think they're worth it. If you don't want to go the integrated route then I would suggest the hose first then the Spanx. That way you get nice smooth lines. You definitely don't to see the panthose top rolling down or the seam for that matter.

You could always do a "self-tanner"...or even, leg make-up. That will disguise any veins! I just don't like the look of any shoe that shows your toes with any kind of stocking....just doesn't look right. As for a girdle....too hot and uncomfortable, especially if it's a warm weather destination!!!

You can order hosiery with no toes in them. I have and I liked them. I was worried they would hurt my foot between the big toe and the next toe, a strap goes there to hold it on your foot.

I wear thong shoes and the tong hose were very nice looking and comfortable. here is a link to the place I ordered mine from.

http://www.silkies.com/search.asp?SKW=toeless&cm_mmc=Google-_-Hosiery_Summer-_-Toeless-_-open%20toes%20nylons

Hope the link works, if not go to silkies .com and search for toeless hose.

It's hard to walk in high heeled sandals if worn with hose, I think. I slide all over the place. But I won't go out anything but the most casul in a skirt or dress without hose so I don't wear sandals. I either wear peep toe with hose without reinforced to or slingbacks with a closed toe.

Archived