Inflatable Pool

PhotoGal07

My husband and I are considering cruising with our daughter (she'll be 2 1/2). I've seen posts from others who have brought a tiny inflatable pool for their kids to play in on their balconies or on the deck by the other pools. My only question is, how do you fill these up? I'm guessing there's not a garden hose nearby. We would probably get a suite for maximum flexibility and I love the idea of putting a small pool on the balcony for her. Thanks!

I've heard others say that they got one of the beer buckets from a bar and used these to fill up the pool.

They work great in the shower as a tiny tub for bathing also. Just ask for an ice bucket to use, we got one that didn't have a lid as was going to be trashed. On the balconcy they are wonderful but don't take them pool side. not enough space and adults don't seem to look where they are walking after a few drinks. Last cruise in May a little boy (about 18mo) was kicked in his head by a man walking by. It was not a nice situation.Glad I was able to leave the pool area and din't have to hear it all. I do know the child and mom spent 12 hr in medical.

Your ice bucket could be used....your attendant will give you 2, if you ask! However, emptying the water if the pool is on the balcony could be a pain! At the pool, there are floor drains you can dump the water into....much easier on the pool deck!

The balconies have a tiny channel for drainage that could be used to empty the pool if you were really patient. It would be very easy to overwhelm the channel and 'rain' on the balconies below though, so I would never try that except for the last few cups of water. I am wondering if it would be possible to use a fish tank/water bed drain system? I don't think so, but that would be a good solution for a balcony pool. We used a pool by the main pool and a beer bucket, as others have mentioned.

I'm sure there is some risk of the child being walked on, but if you're careful about where/when you use the pool on deck that risk should be minimal. The fact is that you always have to be "blocking" on a cruise ship, for fear that a LO will get stepped on or fallen over. I'd think they'd be more likely to be noticed in a pool than jwandering around on deck themselves. Sadly, they tell me that we're not allowed to carry them around in cages to keep them safe. :p

We loooooved the inflatable pool both pool side and on our balcony! We saved a beer bucket as many have mentioned and it was perfect. On deck, we filled from the hot tub for slightly warmer water.

Draining on the balcony was no problem, the drainage system took it just fine. After all the splashing and playing there was little water left in the small pool anyway!

Archived