apple store class costs?

kitty allen

I didn't see an Apple Store on the Equinox (if there was, I would have had a hard time prying my husband out!)

But when they did run classes for the computer, it always had the * next to it which indicated a "small fee."

When we were on Eclipse last year, there were a few very basic classes at no cost, but the more in depth ones were $20 each, although there was a special package cost (I don't recall how much it was) that had most of them sold out early in the cruise.

Sheila

When we were on Eclipse last year, there were a few very basic classes at no cost, but the more in depth ones were $20 each, although there was a special package cost (I don't recall how much it was) that had most of them sold out early in the cruise.

Sheila

The package on the Eclipse was $40 for all the iLife classes offered that sailing, but don't remember how many were offered that week. They can include iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, etc. but it varied. If you sign up the first day for your internet access, you will get 15% bonus minutes, and find the list of classes which will be offered that week in the iLounge and a sign-up for them.

I didn't see an Apple Store on the Equinox (if there was, I would have had a hard time prying my husband out!)

But when they did run classes for the computer, it always had the * next to it which indicated a "small fee."

The Apple Store is really a misnomer, it should be called the Apple counter. It is located in the computer room and is really nothing more than a counter or display shelf. There is benefit however in using the services in there as the employees do have experience from working in land based Apple Stores....Wife and I had fun taking some of the Ipod classes mostly for the Q@A sections and the young lady running it was very knowledgeable.

There is a charge for some classes? Anywhere on Celebrity site for more info and/or schedule, etc.?

I was on a HAL cruise last year, and they had Microsoft "Techsperts" conducting free classes in the computer labs.....always standing room only...:)

There is a charge for some classes? Anywhere on Celebrity site for more info and/or schedule, etc.?

I was on a HAL cruise last year, and they had Microsoft "Techsperts" conducting free classes in the computer labs.....always standing room only...:)

There is nothing free on a cruise ship. You paid for it as part of your cabin cost. Even those who did not get to attend paid for it. On Celebrity, only the ones attending the class have to pay for it.

I can't figure out if there is a charge for the computer classes in the apple store on Equinox.

I have just returned from the Eclipse Transatlantic. If you just want to do one lesson then it is $20. The package where you can do all of the classes and the repeats if you want to, is $129.95. Hope this helps

There is nothing free on a cruise ship. You paid for it as part of your cabin cost. Even those who did not get to attend paid for it. On Celebrity, only the ones attending the class have to pay for it.

That's part of the slippery slope that so many of us long time cruisers object to. They now charge for many of the fitness classes as well. In the old days lines would bribe you to attend with rewards for particiaption (still have some old T-shirts ;))

The same philosophy can start to be applied to many other things. They can start charging for tenders, many people don't use them, how about pools and hot tubs? Those coveted poolside lounge charges could go for a pretty penny.

It was the almost all inclusiveness of cruising that helped draw us to it 25 years ago. That and watching the Love Boat :D

I was shocked when I was told $20 for an iPad class on the Century -- oh well trivia games are still free .... for now :eek:

I thought the classes on land were free.

I honestly don't know why anyone would pay for an iPad or iPod class.

Just your opinion right:rolleyes:

I would love to take a "free class" if there was an Apple Store in my city, but in the meantime I will check out the classes on the Infinity.

The Apple Store is really a misnomer, it should be called the Apple counter. It is located in the computer room and is really nothing more than a counter or display shelf. There is benefit however in using the services in there as the employees do have experience from working in land based Apple Stores....Wife and I had fun taking some of the Ipod classes mostly for the Q@A sections and the young lady running it was very knowledgeable.

I may check out these classes, even if some think it is silly to take an Ipod class. We don't have children so we don't have any techo / geeks ready to give a hand to those of us that struggle with the new technology! :rolleyes: Am thinking of an Ipod for DH who has a birthday tomorrow :D

May I suggest iPad 2 it's something that Husband will love games, read newspaper, book, surf on line, emails, FaceTime, video, take pic, Facebook, and many others. And They do have iPad classes for sure. If u are on one of my cruise I'm apple fanboy and I have all latest product :) I can teach for free on my balcony.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your DH

I may check out these classes, even if some think it is silly to take an Ipod class. We don't have children so we don't have any techo / geeks ready to give a hand to those of us that struggle with the new technology! :rolleyes: Am thinking of an Ipod for DH who has a birthday tomorrow :D

May I suggest iPad 2 it's something that Husband will love games, read newspaper, book, surf on line, emails, FaceTime, video, take pic, Facebook, and many others. And They do have iPad classes for sure. If u are on one of my cruise I'm apple fanboy and I have all latest product :) I can teach for free on my balcony.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your DH

Hi bbdqsony - The reason for the iPod is that we intend to replace our aging (and unused) Mini stereo system. Accessing the stereo is now difficult for me (have MD) and we thought if we got an Ipod and a decent Bose system we would actually listen to our music ;)

DH already spends a lot of time on the net at work (he has the 'to die for job :rolleyes:) and home, has a net book and does not need an iPad (he needs to go and play in the garden as he and the cat are getting very lazy :p)

Thanks for the offer of lessons but doesn't look like we will be on one of your cruises any time soon. Think the upcoming Century will the last for a while unfortunately:(

See post 10:p "Standing room only" doesn't sound like a fun class:(

Actually, there is seating in the classroom, but due to its extreme popularity, if you don't get there early, like a hit show, it's "SRO". Perhaps they will see that as an opportunity to raise revenue like Celebrity/Apple does. It would be nicer, if they used a larger venue when ship get refurbed in future.:)

Archived