:( Well Bye bye Carnival :(

4THELOVEOFBOO

I think all the lines have cut back food wise so serving cheaper food...

PS I got off Triumph last Saturday and while it was not perfect, I thought the food was good. Liked everything but the new spinach dip, uchk. I liked the new frogs legs. Tried the fried chicken the last night, so I could say I tried all the new food .. well almost.

The food was fine to me last week. Maybe you just had bad luck.

I did order the lobster on Magic, and it was terrible. No meat on top of the shell, just two thin lines 1/4 inch wide of mush on both sides of the shell, not even a piece of solid meat.

I should maybe have complained at the time, but the waiter was too busy to talk to.

I got a lobster like that once. No meat at all, just mush. I think it was cooked lobster blood.

Salads used to be served cold. Not on my last 3 cruises. Prime rib is getting to be a sliver. Temps are iffy on buffet and MDR. I don't know how they get away with this. Inspiration got a 100 on the health inspection. I invite one of the inspectors to go with me and tell that's 100.

If you get a piece of meat, or lobster that you don't like.... SEND IT BACK! They have 500 more where that came from ready to go, and they will learn that you care about what you are served.

Seriously....

I think we get more and more jaded as we cruise more.

I'm with you on most foods.....but the Lobster? If you get one that's small and sucks, there are 499 other small sucky portions. They all suck.:rolleyes:

this cruise we actually sent some back, not one dish was very good and some of them were actually down right gross

Bummer. I was on the Dream last month and thought the food was decent and well presented.

My least favorite was Prime Rib, because it was not warm either time I tried it. On the other hand, I found the fish entrees very good every time.

We found the food on the CCL legend {in the MDR] on the whole pretty good, not the meatloaf though. I think the MDR food is a little better than RCL's but it's a subjective opinion. We only ate in the Lido on Embarkation and so cannot comment on that. Princess seems {to me} to have the best offerings.

Still it's a vacation and I don't cruise for the food:)

Sailed for the second time on RCCL's Liberty of the Seas this past summer, July 2011. The food was downright awful; and I mean horrible, not even palatable in the MDR. It was like eating bland, overcooked, poor quality food that would be served in a hospital cafeteria. Three years ago on the same ship, the food was much better. I spoke to one of the servers and she told me "confidentially" that many other cruisers had complained about the quality (or lack of) in the MDR and that we should make sure we mentioned in on our comment cards (we did). We ended up paying to eat three times in the gourmet restaurants where the food was much, much better.

That being said, our experience with Carnival is that we have NEVER had bad food. The food is decent quality, not excellent or gourmet but definitely there is a wide selection to choose from and you can always order something else if you don't like your first choice.

As I've noted more than once, I think that it mostly depends on the food that is received for any particular sailing.

Not the chef's fault if all the prime rib he got for that week was fatty (and steak MUST have fat or it is tough as shoe leather).

The food I had on Glory was very good. Sure, I thought I'd cry when they removed Beef Wellington from the menu, but I managed to survived. I thought I'd really miss the duck, but since it was on formal night, I somehow manage with "just" lobster and shrimp.

I do wish people would stop to consider that maybe, just maybe, their experience was a one-off and that they shouldn't necessarily extrapolate that experience to the entire fleet and every future sailing.

I realize that we want our hard-earned vacation dollars to bring us perfection, and if we have a less-than-perfect experience, we may be tempted to give up, while, in reality, that experience may be the outlier, not the norm.

I thought the rockerfella was balls and something I was afraid to try, so cant speak to that.

Too funny....Oyster Rockefeller is an oyster on halfshell with spinach and buttery sauce. You are thinking of (Rocky) Mountain Oysters which is a entirely different thing.

Dave

Too funny....Oyster Rockefeller is an oyster on halfshell with spinach and buttery sauce. You are thinking of (Rocky) Mountain Oysters which is a entirely different thing.

Dave

Now they should put Rocky Mountain Oysters on the DIDJA menu, now THAT that is one to brag about once you try it.

I don't know if Rockefeller is a Northeast thing or what. Find them on menu's pretty often up here, but a few people we cruised with had never heard of them. Who knows.

We also have to remember that when Carnival purchases their meats they can't see it and by then it is already on the ship, just like any ship and well as far as lobster lol Ummmm nobody can tell what lobster has meat or not as it is shalled and just sold by the pound. I feel there have been lots of cuts as well and with all the cruiselines but we have to remember... we want low cruise prices and no fuel add ons and such so cuts will be made.

We also have to remember that when Carnival purchases their meats they can't see it and by then it is already on the ship, just like any ship and well as far as lobster lol Ummmm nobody can tell what lobster has meat or not as it is shalled and just sold by the pound. I feel there have been lots of cuts as well and with all the cruiselines but we have to remember... we want low cruise prices and no fuel add ons and such so cuts will be made.

Just a quick question---why WOULDN'T there be meat in a Lobster tail? I've caught many lobsters, and none of them had empty shells:)

Salads used to be served cold. Not on my last 3 cruises. Prime rib is getting to be a sliver. Temps are iffy on buffet and MDR. I don't know how they get away with this. Inspiration got a 100 on the health inspection. I invite one of the inspectors to go with me and tell that's 100.

I have to say, my experience this week was very good as far as temps and portion sizes...portion sizes to me seemed actually rather large.

I did mention on another thread however, that the food was very salty.

Just Got off of the Dream on Saturday and even though we did have a great trip, the boat is beautiful, service is good (not GREAT) but all the things said about the food is true. When we cruised a few years ago every night we were so impressed with the dishes that we tried but, this cruise we actually sent some back, not one dish was very good and some of them were actually down right gross. I had the Prime Rib one night it was ALL fat a couple of nights later someone else in our party had it and experienced the same thing. Most of the meals just were not good at all. Even some of the staff were not friendly at all!! This makes as sad because our last cruise was FANTASTIC!! Next we are going to try NCL of Royal Caribbean. :(

Most other lines have cut back similarily to CCL in the food dept

We have cruised RCI, NCL and CCL and found the food hit and miss on all three. That doesn't mean we are going to stop sailing on all three by any means. In fact our last 2 cruises on the Splendor and Spirit we thought the food to be rather good.

I have to agree dont expect miracles on RCI we have cruised them a couple of times before our last Carnival cruise and the food was okay just like our last Carnival cruise just okay . I have just got used to the fact the food will be okay nothing great , just kind of figure that in the price so thats why we booked on the Liberty fo next year a few more food options , and a great price. I figure todays cruising is no longer about that "great" dining room experience we cruise with another couple we enjoy talking relaxing getting waited on and hopefully the food is good , and most of the time it is and the wait staff does a great job.

I did have a good cruise and absolutely feel in love with Magic. Iv always thought to myself that Magic surpassed Dream from everything Id heard .. but Magic is just gorgeous.

I loved the duck too on lobster night and miss it. sighs .. Iv never had the prime rib as Im not a beef eater and things I prefer.

We had a vegetarian gal on Triumph at our table who ordered it and some other entree nightly and she LOVED that Indian is now on the menu nightly. 3 dishes that were different each night plus the rice and bread/cracker thingee.

None of us at my table had any complaints about the food. We must have been lucky .. but it was all good.

So glad to hear this!!! We did the dream in Jan this year and will be sailing on the Magic in Jan 2013 and are hoping it is even better!! We loved the Dream so it'll be hard to top maybe?

And for what it's worth we found the food on the Dream fabulous!!! Everything - well except the burrito bar didn't really care for that - but that's only 1 place out of many - the rest of the food was wonderful - We did the steak house and WOW very impressive - still talking about what a great experience that was.

I have always enjoyed Carnivals food in the main dining room but I certainly don't cruise because of the food. I personally like Carnivals food over Royal Carribean but I've only been one one RCI cruise so not fair for me to judge. You said yourself you thought the service was good, the ship was beautiful and I assume the ports and everything else including entertainment was okay so I'm a little perplexed why you would stop sailing an affordably priced cruise line because the food was not adequate. :confused:

i went on my first rcl cruise in may with my daughter, needless to say that the dinners in the mdr were terrible! one night we just looked at it and picked and we anxiously waited for our dessert thinking that we would eat that...well that came and it was inedible :( it's all a metter of opinion.

Bye! :D

I was wondering when I read the first post when I would see the first person who just wrote "Bye" as their post. Someone always does this when someone says they had a bad cruise and are going to try a different cruise line. It's pointless, adds nothing to the thread, and frankly comes across as a little rude. Please if all you have to post is "Bye", don't bother posting at all.

Archived