Deck Choice for 1st Timer

trvlgirlmq

We've narrowed down to the Valor Southern Caribbean next May 26. We are 2 adults (myself 37 and my mom/grandma 57) and 3 kids (boy 16, boy 9, girl almost 8 at travel). We are going with 2 inside rooms and choices are:

Deck 1 Aft 1447/1451

Deck 8 Aft 8428/8432

I know some of the cons such as possible propeller noise/vibration on deck 1. How bad is that? Possible noise from the pool above deck 8. Any other cons? What might be the pros to each location?

Appreciate any help!

We've narrowed down to the Valor Southern Caribbean next May 26. We are 2 adults (myself 37 and my mom/grandma 57) and 3 kids (boy 16, boy 9, girl almost 8 at travel). We are going with 2 inside rooms and choices are:

Deck 1 Aft 1447/1451

Deck 8 Aft 8428/8432

I know some of the cons such as possible propeller noise/vibration on deck 1. How bad is that? Possible noise from the pool above deck 8. Any other cons? What might be the pros to each location?

Appreciate any help!

If I was cruising for the first time, I would never get a aft cabin :eek:,until I knew I or traveling partners did not get sea sick,you can really feel the movement aft. I would try to go mid ship as low as possible. Make sure you take lots of sea sick meds with you!

Deck 1 Aft 1447/1451

Deck 8 Aft 8428/8432

Appreciate any help!

My choice would be the Verandah Deck... much closer to the fun stuff and quiet. There's very little noise coming from the aft pool area... it's supposed to be adults only pool and hot tub so one would hope that it wouldn't be quite as active as the midships pool!!!

:)

I've tried looking at mid-ship but can't get cabins on the same deck. There seem to be cabins for 2 on deck 1/2 but the cabin for 3 only comes up with 6/7/8. If I call is there better selection or things that don't show up for online booking?

If I was cruising for the first time, I would never get a aft cabin :eek:,until I knew I or traveling partners did not get sea sick,you can really feel the movement aft. I would try to go mid ship as low as possible. Make sure you take lots of sea sick meds with you!

Oh jeez that'll help the OP's confidence!:confused:

certainly a good idea to bring seasick meds just in case, but don't bet on having any issues.

Deck 1 Aft 1447/1451

Deck 8 Aft 8428/8432

Appreciate any help!

A "PRO" for the lower deck is that you don't have to wait for the elevators to get back to your room after excursions/ports of call visits. Carol & I sailed one time on Deck 1 and we were thrilled to walk past the lines and up one level! The "CON" to this is that you need the elevator for almost every other thing you do on the ship.

A "PRO" for the upper deck is that it is very easy to slip up to Deck 9 in the morning (or anytime really) to grab a drink, coffe in the morning, etc.

A "PRO" for the lower deck is that you don't have to wait for the elevators to get back to your room after excursions/ports of call visits. Carol & I sailed one time on Deck 1 and we were thrilled to walk past the lines and up one level! The "CON" to this is that you need the elevator for almost every other thing you do on the ship.

A "PRO" for the upper deck is that it is very easy to slip up to Deck 9 in the morning (or anytime really) to grab a drink, coffe in the morning, etc.

That's a very legit PRO for a Southern Itin with so many ports, for sure.

I have never, ever had crew space below me be an issue with noise.

And, personally, I try to be as far away from the Lido Deck as possible. Proximity to elevators and food is not something I want, as I get as much exercise as possible while on board (including NO elevators) to help offset the calories consumed.

I've had more issues with movement with a forward cabin than aft (MUCH more and I had a 4J on Victory).

I would definitely call a PVP as they usually have access to ALL the available cabins (not the limited number shown on most websites, including Carnival's), and be sure to have a site open online that shows the deck plans. I use cruisedeckplans dot com and use their drag-and-drop plans. Just line up the elevators and you can see exactly what is under and over your cabin.

If motion is an issue, lower, midship if definitely best.

Of your options given definitely deck 8. No contest in my opinion. My recommendation would be to get a cabin on the Lido, especially if you're going with an inside. Just a short stroll to get outside and get some air and check to see what the weather is like. I also agree that if you're first times then midship would probably be best, forward second. I don't really notice much of a difference between the two with respect to motion but every ship I've been on has a whole lot more motion in the back.

Archived