Barefoot Beach (Coco Cay) Questions

nebraskalad

Cruising on Freedom of the Seas with large family group and was curious about Barefoot Beach on Coco Cay since I heard it has the softest sands and is not very crowded.

So my questions are: How far of a walk is it from when you get off the tenders? Is there a better beach closer by with soft sand and calm waters?

Coco Cay has a Barefoot Beach too.

Nebraska,

All the beaches along that side of the island were calm. I can't remember how far it was - I think it was just past the dining area. The water was pretty shallow though. You can see some people wading.

ry%3D480

Wow................

I never new there were two RCI Barefoot beaches, one on each of their private Islands.............

I guess in the future I will be careful to specify which one I am addressing.

Thanks again

Sue and crew

Safe travels.

Barefoot beach on Labadee is a private beach area only for suite passengers and those who rent the wooden cabanas built on that beach. There are upgraded amenities for the suite passengers and cabana renters.

Barefoot beach on Coco Cay is simply a beach on Coco Cay. It is on the back area of the island. There are no cabana structures on the Coco Cay barefoot beach and the area is open to all passengers.

To add to the confusion, Coco Cay also has a cabana area, with Cabanas and “clam shell” Cabanettes for rent. (not sure if it has a name) Any passenger may rent one of these and have the amenities of the area ( upgraded lunch, mats and a few other things). At this time, it is NOT a designated suite area. Reservations are made on board at the Explorations deck.

Hope this helps

M

ps - most all the beaches on Coco Cay have nice soft sand areas. There are areas with rocks also so many bring water shoes.

enjoy

M

Archived