Luggage-# of pieces

CruisinCanine

Sorry, single girl here and I know I'll attempt to pack my entire summer wardrobe(LOL) but I know I don't need to(how much room does my swimsuit take up! LOL). OK so to be real, how many pieces of checked luggage am I allowed? I was figuring on following 'purse/carryon', 'backpack'=those stay with me during check in and to cabin and then two proper pieces of real luggage. Trust me, if I could take my antique sea trunk and roll it old school, I would! LOL

ps. driving to the port so no worries about weight and number of pieces. I also figure, if I can lug it, so can the porters ;)

You can bring 10 pieces if that's what floats your boat. There's no limit on the number of suitcases you check in, or carry on. The only limit to carry-on's is that they must fit through an airport-type screener.

FYI, don't forget that the ship has self-serve laundries so you might want to consider bringing two suitcases. Maybe laundry isn't one of the things on your list of things to do on a ship but it sure makes life, and packing, a whole lot easier.

Between DH and I we bring 2 larger size suitcases, one proper size carry on, one backpack (filled with DH's camera and laptop computer) and my purse. You shouldn't need 2 large suitcases for yourself. I normally do a load of laundry (emphasis on "a") during the course of our cruise and we're fine. The only trouble is coming back, we fly so we have to watch what we bring pack or risk paying extra weight charges. You don't have that issue, fortunately. You can bring an extra piece just for bringing stuff back :).

If you do bring a trunk, you might want to consider keeping some extra cash on hand to tip the porters ;).

Good Luck and Happy Cruising!

I have a friend who wishes she could travel with a steamer trunk. Just remember that your luggage must be stored in your cabin during the cruise and I think most cruiselines request bags not weigh more than 50 lbs each.

The ship isn't the problem. Airlines are another story. You will probably pay 20 forteh first bag and it increases after that

We are driving so lots of room in the minivan. Yeah flying, I would certainly need to keep to what was allowed unless I wanted to pay reems extra.

DH and I take 1 28" suitcase each and one small carry-on. For 10 day I bring same amount, just do laundry on day 6. Over the years I have learned that its the shoes that used to over burden us. I now take 1 pair of matallic (neutral) heels that go with every evening outfil. 1 pair of good non-skid flip flops for the pool, and nice sandals for casual wear. I wear my running shoes, and thats that.

DH and I take 1 28" suitcase each and one small carry-on. For 10 day I bring same amount, just do laundry on day 6. Over the years I have learned that its the shoes that used to over burden us. I now take 1 pair of matallic (neutral) heels that go with every evening outfil. 1 pair of good non-skid flip flops for the pool, and nice sandals for casual wear. I wear my running shoes, and thats that.

+1

Footwear gets out of control, but I use the same strategy.

My carry-on is bag I ordered custom to serve as carry-on and beachbag. It meets the airline dimension requirements, zips completely at the top for security and has extra- long handles for ease in carrying. It does beach duty without looking like luggage.

Having the access to laundry makes packing easier. Getting creative from a 'mix and match' perspective also cuts down on how much you need to bring for evening wear, both casual and formal.

This reminds me of how lucky we are to drive to the port and are not restricted to the amount of luggage we carry. We can each bring 3 pieces of luggage that nest inside each other for easy under the bed storage. We also come aboard with a rolling back pack each that also fit easily under the bed. Top it off with a case of water and a 12 pack of pop and we are all set for 10 days at sea. Almost forgot some wine for our travels which we add as well. Believe it or not in a few cases we still did one load or wash after day 5 and always rack up a nice drink bill! Thanks to Princess and for our living in Florida to help make our cruise so easy! Do we bring too much?

Ken

<<Footwear gets out of control, but I use the same strategy.>>

Yep, shoes. That's my stumbling block. I will have a hard time 'pairing down' to just a couple of pairs for our July Alaskan cruise especially since I'll be starting in Texas and spending two days in Seattle prior to our cruise.... :D

Archived