Need help choosing!

gavagai

We are thinking of going on a cruise with tha MSC Lirica, and now we need to choose a cabin. It is our first time cruising, and we will go with an interior cabin, I think. The cabins on the top decks seem to be considered better, but on the top deck (with interior cabins) you also risk having a cabin underneath a restaurant (potential noise?). On the other hand, does it really matter at all what deck you are on if you don't have a window?

What do you think? Is there anything to consider when choosing on what deck to be on when you have an interior cabin?

Usually, the lower decks are less expensive.....and something in the center of the ship is considered more stabile, if seas get rough.

I would try to book something mid-ships and on a deck close to where you think you'll spend most of your time, and close to stairs and elevators....that makes coming and going to your cabin a snap!

Hi Gavagai, choosing an inside cabin onboard MSC Lirica mean that you can book a cabin (as long as the catagory still is available) at four different decks onboard: Deck no. 7 (cabin cat. 1 and 2), deck 8 (cat. 3), deck 9 (cat. 4) or deck no. 10 (cabin cat. no. 5).

As you see, the cabins situated lowermost in the ship is as high up as on deck no. 7 :) The 5th deck is were you will enter the ship from the gangway, and at the 5th + 6th deck there are no cabins at all....here you will find the Information-, excursion- and cashier counters, restaurants, bars, shopping, lounges and other mutual areas.

As earlier mentioned by others, the rates of the cabins are determined by the deck, i.e. the higher up - the higher price for the cabin.

However, the standard and the quality of an inside cabin higher up is not better than a cabin in a lower category :cool:

Staying high up means that you will have close to the pool deck and the buffet restaurant, both situated at deck no. 11. Staying lowermost, means short distance to the restaurants and everything else at deck no. 5 and 6.

I agree that it is best to have a cabin mid-ship.

Please feel free to ask anything you like.

I guess you are planing for a cruise from Dubai/Abu Dhabi (as the ship is situated there this winter)? Wishing you a nice cruise :o

Are you a Scandinavian yourself? I am living myself i Stockholm.

Hi Gavagai, choosing an inside cabin onboard MSC Lirica mean that you can book a cabin (as long as the catagory still is available) at four different decks onboard: Deck no. 7 (cabin cat. 1 and 2), deck 8 (cat. 3), deck 9 (cat. 4) or deck no. 10 (cabin cat. no. 5).

As you see, the cabins situated lowermost in the ship is as high up as on deck no. 7 :) The 5th deck is were you will enter the ship from the gangway, and at the 5th + 6th deck there are no cabins at all....here you will find the Information-, excursion- and cashier counters, restaurants, bars, shopping, lounges and other mutual areas.

As earlier mentioned by others, the rates of the cabins are determined by the deck, i.e. the higher up - the higher price for the cabin.

However, the standard and the quality of an inside cabin higher up is not better than a cabin in a lower category :cool:

Staying high up means that you will have close to the pool deck and the buffet restaurant, both situated at deck no. 11. Staying lowermost, means short distance to the restaurants and everything else at deck no. 5 and 6.

I agree that it is best to have a cabin mid-ship.

Please feel free to ask anything you like.

I guess you are planing for a cruise from Dubai/Abu Dhabi (as the ship is situated there this winter)? Wishing you a nice cruise :o

Are you a Scandinavian yourself? I am living myself i Stockholm.

In the special offer I found, all interior cabins were priced the same. Since the cabins on higher decks are usually more expensive, I wondered if I should choose a cabin higher up to kind of save more money (compared to usual prices). But it seems it doesn't matter much (from your answer). Anyway, I asked for a cabin mid-ships on deck 9. There were no cabins available mid-ships, so I got one in the front, but that means it's close to the kids room, where I guess my 4 year old will be spending a lot of time. :)

I haven't payed and gotten the last confirmation yet, but will post where we are going as soon as it's all confirmed. Will get one of those ships that so many have in their signature. :)

Yes, we are Swedish. Can you tell from my English or did you see from my other posts?

He, he..your very well written English didn't exactly demonstrate your're a Swede :rolleyes: I imagined so from another post of yours. (Myself, I am an Norwegian - living since many years in Stockholm...due to love off course, what else ;) )

Was I right when I'm guessing that you are planning a cruise from Dubai/Abu Dhabi?

Hopefully you've seen the homepage www.msccruises.se where the company are offering a very nice "Smart Deal" (look at the first page of the homepage). The rate is from as low as SEK 3.000:- (Eur 310:-) för one weeks cruise! But it is a time-limited offer!

What about finding flight tickets to Dubai or to Abu Dhabi? Have you (yet)found anything?

As a mattor of fact, my wife and I will go ourselves to Dubai in the beginning of December (after some days there, we will leave for a 7-night cruise). We will fly Norwegian (yes, that's the name of the company ;)), non-stop Stockholm-Dubai in about 6 hours. We booked rather early, and got a great deal :)

Hello, I now incidentally saw one of your posts in another thread .... obviously I did a bad guess - as I now understand where you are planning to sail from ;)

Anyway...enjoy your upcoming cruise! I am sure it will be great!

Archived