Is one bottle of wine allowed in carry on?

joybaby

Cruising in Dec. from Miami. Can one take a bottle of wine in carry on as allowed of other cruise lines?

Oceania is not like other cruise lines; they treat you like a responsible adult. You may bring any reasonable amount of wine, beer or spirits aboard at embarkation or at any port. It will NOT be confiscated. People have been known to bring cases of wine, marked with their cabin number and delivered to their room with their luggage.

They do have an official statement on their website regarding alcoholic beverages, but it is not enforced and is only their in the event that someone abuses the privilege and becomes obnoxious.

The only restriction is that such adult beverages are to be consumed in your cabin; in other words, you should not be mixing drinks and carrying them around the ship. You may, however, take your own bottled wine to the dining room, but it will be subject to a corkage fee of $20. I always bring wine aboard for consumption in the cabin, but I find that Oceania's wines are fairly priced (think good wine shop price plus an amount approximately equal to the corkage fee and plus gratuity), and have a varied enough selection that I have never taken any of my wine to the dining room.

Your stewardess or butler will be happy to bring you wine glasses and a corkscrew upon request. They will also clear out the ship's mini-bar selections to make room for your beverages in the cabin's small fridge.

People have been known to bring cases of wine, marked with their cabin number and delivered to their room with their luggage.

Hey!, that's "Mr. People" to you~ :p

We've had wine, champagne and hard liquor delivered to our stateroom, on numerous occasions, without incident.

• 2 weeks later...
For the benefit of those who haven't noticed, it's a fabulous friendship!

We've had the distinct pleasure of meeting J&S and were so anticipating meeting you Don on the T/A Mar 2010 which unfortunately you had to cancel. Hopefully we will meet up on a future cruise. We have made so many friends from this roll call and we certainly appreciate the advice you have shared along with J&S.

Archived