FCC Voucher

Mrs.C05

Am I allowed to use my FCC Voucher from Carnival we purchased no matter who we booked it with?

Reason for asking is we're thinking of booking it with our SeaMiles credit card (kinda like a travel agent?) so we can use our points towards the balance but I am not sure if we can use the voucher since it isn't directly booked with Carnival....maybe I am just being dumb right now but I will blame it on pregnancy brain. Lol!

We're looking to book the Ecstacy next September, October, or November when our baby is a few months old, but hopefully he'll stay with grandparents and/or aunts/uncles.

Just would like to know before we book it.

I would ask the TA.

I have a TA who only does groups, and you pay in full up front. I cant use the FCCs on them, because the TA wouldnt deal with them. If you are booked thru a TA, they own the booking, so you cant just call up Carnival.

If its a free cruise thru points on your credit card, Id think no?

PS you say when your baby is a few months old. Im assuming you mean 6 months or older.

I would ask the TA.

I have a TA who only does groups, and you pay in full up front. I cant use the FCCs on them, because the TA wouldnt deal with them. If you are booked thru a TA, they own the booking, so you cant just call up Carnival.

If its a free cruise thru points on your credit card, Id think no?

PS you say when your baby is a few months old. Im assuming you mean 6 months or older.

Hmm, okay. It's actually the credit card that we book it through since they have a travel section and we earn 4x the points on a cruise and get seamiles we can earn and spend. I asked them before but they didn't know anything about it. I was thinking as long as I got a booking # I could sumbit the FCC voucher online like I have seen others do. I don't think it'd be a totally free cruise since we wouldn't have that many points but we're estimating $300 credit.

Our baby will not be going with us but he'll be 5-6 months old, when/if we go.

As long as you dont have it paid off upfront, I would think you could just submit it then? But the $100 you paid would have to be applied to the booking, so I would still ask your TA. At least they didnt say no.

I think mine just doesnt want to fool with them.

I booked through a TA for the cruise I am going on in Dec. You will get the same booking number regardless of who you book through. You can submit the voucher online as normal. If that doesn't work, call Carnival and they will submit it for you over the phone. I was even well past making my final payment and they just added the purchase price of the FCC as OBC.

I booked through a TA for the cruise I am going on in Dec. You will get the same booking number regardless of who you book through. You can submit the voucher online as normal. If that doesn't work, call Carnival and they will submit it for you over the phone. I was even well past making my final payment and they just added the purchase price of the FCC as OBC.

It will not work- once the OP booked using an outside vendor the booking belongs to the agent. When you use an outside agent you can not access stuff on carnival web site like you can if you booked directly.

THe FCC will not be able to be sent to carnival (i tried that this upcoming cruise) the agent had to do it all

• 4 weeks later...
It will not work- once the OP booked using an outside vendor the booking belongs to the agent. When you use an outside agent you can not access stuff on carnival web site like you can if you booked directly.

THe FCC will not be able to be sent to carnival (i tried that this upcoming cruise) the agent had to do it all

I am wondering if my credit card company will/would do this or not. Otherwise, we'll book it through Carnival and then try getting our points on our credit card to be credited to our account somehow for this.

Think you are wrong about this. When I wanted to use my FCC on an upcoming cruise tried to use the online form and it would not go thru.

Ultimately called the fcc dept at Carnival who took the info and a week later received email that it was applied.

Even nicer is we purchased FCC after the cruise was booked.

So I just called our Chase Seamiles credit card and spoke with someone in the booking department. The lady knew what I was talking about with the cruise vouchers and even said they just changed how they submitted them, via online now instead of mailing them. Sounds like I will be able to use it plus our seamile points when we book. Yay!

Archived