Muster Drill during Super Bowl

rockymo

Trying to, but I am not sure there IS an official policy in such cases..
I don't think it has anything to do with which cabin you're in or whether you switch cabins on a B2B. To me, the question should be whether having two different booking #'s makes a difference. I don't think it should; from everything I've read, if you're on a B2B, you go to Muster upon your first embarkation and don't have to the second. The embarkation country might affect that, though.

If you stay in the same cabin, that's the current policy as I know it (if you move cabins to a different zone I think you may have to attend). As noted, its technically against the rules for Princess to allow it, but not enforced.

Given all the controversy, I put a call in earlier. To paraphrase the answer - 'all passengers onboard are required to attend the muster drill unless otherwise advised. Staff at the muster stations have the ability to verify the attendance and some areas of the ship will be selected for a sweep to verify that all passengers have exited. This includes the majority if not all of the public areas. Anyone who misses a muster drill must attend a replacement drill within 24 hours of sailing. Failure to do so could result in fines against the ship which will be passed on to the passenger if levied.

I have never seen anyone questioned sitting in any of the public areas including the swimming pools as to if they should be attending the drill or not. They must believe that everyone will follow the instrctions to attend the drill, wheather excused ot not and we've been missing them for the past 6 or 7 years, sometimes in the cabin & sometimes at the pool.

That I don't know, we've always kept the same cabin. Would be interesting to find out.

Again, we were doing a B2B on RCCL and we moved from our original cabin to one eight doors down. We had the same cabin steward and the muster drill was the same. We had to go to the second muster drill. No way for us to get out of it though we had been to the first. Was told that if we didn't go, we would get a letter telling us to report to the one being held the next morning.

Again, we were doing a B2B on RCCL and we moved from our original cabin to one eight doors down. We had the same cabin steward and the muster drill was the same. We had to go to the second muster drill. No way for us to get out of it though we had been to the first. Was told that if we didn't go, we would get a letter telling us to report to the one being held the next morning.

But that's RCL. We're discussing Princess. You'll find 100s of posts about being excused from B2Bs on Princess

Archived