Amenities in Grand Suite??

szdiver

hi there neighbor theres a list on the princess's site. you really don't get that much pampering but the grand/ owner suites are really nice cabins.this is the first midship suite we ever have been in, usually on other ships their aft,[minus the hot tub] and we really enjoyed them. somewhere recently someone posted them but i'm not that computer savy :o, sorry lol.

We have a grand suite on Grand Princess coming up and would like to know if anyone has a list of amenities. Only been on Princess one other time. Thanks.

SZdiver...we are leaving in ten days on the Emerald Princess. it is also our first cruise in a Grand Suite. About ten days ago, we received an email from Princess with a two-page PDF file listing all of the "Suite Amenities."

To me, one of the more significant "amenities" is the ability to have "Breakfast in Sabatini's" every morning.

Gazelle2

Please do a review when you return as we are in one in Feb. Please Let me know how the hottub on the balcony is and if the water is hot in it, main reason we booked the room, and if there is a laptop in the room. There is still one of the GS's available on our sailing. We prefer OS or PH aft suites so hope not to be disappointed.

Would you let me know if the dining room table inside the room is very large. Looking forward to your enjoyment of the GS on the Grand.

You will get a one time small bar set up and soft drinks, water. Enjoy en-suite dining and Sabatinis for breakfast. You will get corsage and buttonere on first formal night. Be sure and read your binder, I found special spa services for Suite guests only. Make sure after the first night you request the canapes you want-there will be a menu to select from.

You will get stationary. For DVD's you need to request them from your cabin steward-menu should be in the binder.

Let me know if you have a nice beach bag in the room, you should have one. Slippers will be in the closet. Let me know if Fabio(hotel d'MatreD) is onboard yet.

From Princess website:

Suite Amenities:

In-Room Amenities: Luxury mattresses

Luxury ivory satin pinstripe bed linens

Fluffy duvets in place of blankets

Luggage protector on bed at embarkation

Luxury bathrobes

Luxury towels

Pillow menu - option of feather or therapeutic pillows

Massage shower heads

Luxury bathroom amenities (shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, bath gel, plus new lip balm, gel eye mask, bath salts and loofah mitts)

Facial mist (choice of scents)

Complimentary slippers

Fresh flower arrangement

Complimentary corsage and boutonniere on first formal night

Complimentary mini-bar - one-time set up

Combined DVD/CD Players

DVD Library - each vessel has a 100-title DVD library available to suite passengers

Halo light magnifying vanity mirrors on vanity Upgraded room amenities, including ice bucket and tray, leather wallet for cruise card, high quality pen, combined clothes brush, lint remover and shoe horn, shoe cleaning mitt, sewing kit, white cloth laundry bag, black cloth shoe shining bag

Complimentary Princess tote bag

Umbrella for use during the cruise Services:

Expedited embarkation process

Preferred Anytime DiningSM reservations

Personal shore excursion reservations

Complimentary laundry and dry cleaning service

Complimentary shoe polishing service Dining Services:

Welcome glass of champagne at embarkation

Extended room service menu (extended breakfast, lunch, dinner offering)

In-suite afternoon tea service

Passenger's choice of deluxe canap?s, delivered daily Onboard Activities:

Complimentary internet access in onboard Internet Cafes (wireless internet connection not included).

Private portrait sitting

Complimentary use of the thermal suite in the Lotus Spa (Emerald Princess, Caribbean Princess, Crown Princess, Sapphire Princess, Diamond Princess, Star Princess, Coral Princess and Island Princess).

Seadeck2...There is a subtle, but, to me, significant difference between the website list of suite amenities and the list that Princess sent me about ten days ago. On the website version, the Internet benefits are limited to the Inteernet Cafe and do not include Wi-Fi access.

In the email that Princess sent me concerning "Suite Amenities", they described the Internet benefit in these terms ...

"Complimentary Internet access (includes Internet Cafe and WiFi Access) (Note that the Grand Suites have a computer in the stateroom)"

I am hoping that the document that Princess emailed to me is correct because I am taking along my Android Tablet in hopes that I will have the WiFi access they said I would.

SZdiver...we are leaving in ten days on the Emerald Princess. it is also our first cruise in a Grand Suite. About ten days ago, we received an email from Princess with a two-page PDF file listing all of the "Suite Amenities."

To me, one of the more significant "amenities" is the ability to have "Breakfast in Sabatini's" every morning.

Gazelle2

Hi:

I didn't know that the Emerald Princess had a "Grand" Suite like some of the older ships. FWIW, the general list if suite amenities is the same no matter which level of suite you book. The Grand suites on the ships that have them have hot tubs on the balcony, I believe.

Also, I noticed you are from Niceville...me too (I haven't lived there in over 20 years, though)!

We have a grand suite on Grand Princess coming up and would like to know if anyone has a list of amenities. Only been on Princess one other time. Thanks.

Lucky you! I have yet to be fast enough to grab one. The benefits mirror the full suites and are wonderful. It is true what they say about once in a suite you can't go back to a regular room. Enjoy!

For SZDiver and Seadeck2: We have stayed in the GS on the Grand Princess. Here is our album of the cabin.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/549354730ECCdXE

At that time they didn't have a computer in the cabin, but from what I understand they do now. The hot tub isn't what you would think a hottub is. There is no water in it, you have to do that yourself. It is basically a tub on the balcony with a faucet where you will fill it yourself. Takes quite a while. Was sort of a pain and we only used in once on our cruise. Unless they have changed it, this is how it was. Small, but it did work somewhat for 2 people. The dining table in the cabin is small, but was useable. This cabin is considerably smaller than the GS's on the other ships. We did like the location on the Lido deck, but after being in other GS's, I don't think I would go back to this one.

The Emerald doesn't have a GS. The top cabins on the ship is an Owner's Suite.

The ships have wifi in the cabins and yes it is unlimited for all full suites. Being able to connect lately has been the biggest issue. When you are sitting there and it is taking several minutes to connect (if not longer) we are always thankful we aren't having to pay for those minutes. It can be frustrating watching the minutes being eaten away.

Enjoy the GS's. It is nice having the extra room.

Hi:

I didn't know that the Emerald Princess had a "Grand" Suite like some of the older ships. FWIW, the general list if suite amenities is the same no matter which level of suite you book. The Grand suites on the ships that have them have hot tubs on the balcony, I believe.

Also, I noticed you are from Niceville...me too (I haven't lived there in over 20 years, though)!

Thanks, FamilyGuy1010. You are correct and our booking for the Princess is actually a "Full Suite". I guess it was the category of "GS" that caused me to use the wrong terminology. We are completely new to Princess so we were unaware of the history of the real Grand Suites.

By the way, we have lived in Bluewater Bay since 1986.

If we lived as close to Fort Lauderdale and Miami as you do, we would probably cruise twice as much as we do now.

Gazelle2

2littletime the Grand Grand Suite is available on our cruise. Hula thank you, we may be disappointed with the room then, don't need the space could have booked an aft OS or aft PH.

Hula, thank you for responding I love your photos, is the jacuzzi tub in the bathroom better than balcony hot tub? Love the jacuzzi tubs in bathroom. Yes, Toto I believe has the best GS, but thought only Grand Princess has the hot tub on balconies. Emerald & Ruby only goes as high as OS suites.

HulaGirl, could you get very hot water in the hot tub on balcony? Looking forward to the very private balcony, seems more private than Ruby aft suites. Thank you to everyone for responding.

Seadeck2: You are right that only the Grand Princess has those "hot tubs" on the balcony's. We have been in the GS's on the Grand, Golden, Sapphire and the Star Princess. Thought the Grand was so nice until we were on the other ships. It is about half the size as the other ships.

The balcony is private, but I will tell you we hardly used it. There was just so much furniture and not much space. That hot tub takes up room and the balcony is completely covered. Now if it was a cold weather cruise, it would work quite well.

Can't remember if we could get the water that hot or not. But it must have been hot enough to get in it. I will say, if you plan on using the hot tub, be sure and start the water going early. It takes a bit of time to fill. The tub in the bathroom is small compared to the other GS suites. Truly, we never used it, so I can't comment on it.

I really don't think you will be disappointed with the cabin. It will be very nice and comfortable. One thing that is nice about this cabin is it sits off the main hallway. You will open a door and there will be another small hall with this cabins door and I'm thinking another 2 cabins also. Sort of nice in that respect.

Have a good time. You will enjoy your time in the GS. Always nice to have more room.

We have had the Grand Suite on the Grand Princess and it is basically a large jacuzzi type bathtub, not really a hot tub. It is much bigger than the jacuzzi tub in the bathroom, but I think for two people it is a real squeeze. The only hot water is from the faucet. It does come out hot, but there is nothing to keep it hot, so you have to keep running more hot water into it.

All in all we were very disappointed in our Grand Suite on the Grand Princess. The room was nice and the bathroom was wonderful, but the service from the room steward was only adequate except for the tea service, which was superb. Frankly, we have had better service in an inside cabin and none of the pampering or even visits from senior mgt such as Toto reports on her cruise on a different ship.

We have had much better experiences in the Royal Suites on the Celebrity M class ships, which also have a hot tub on the balcony--but the service is far superior and the cost considerably less than what we paid for the Grand Suite on the Grand Princess. So if you really want the hot tub on the balcony experience, I suggest you consider the Royal Suites on the Celebrity M class ships (or the Solstice class ships which are more expensive).

Let me know how the hottub on the balcony is and if the water is hot in it, main reason we booked the room,

The hot tub isn't what you would think a hottub is. There is no water in it, you have to do that yourself. It is basically a tub on the balcony with a faucet where you will fill it yourself. Takes quite a while. Was sort of a pain and we only used in once on our cruise. Unless they have changed it, this is how it was. Small, but it did work somewhat for 2 people.

We have had the Grand Suite on the Grand Princess and it is basically a large jacuzzi type bathtub, not really a hot tub. It is much bigger than the jacuzzi tub in the bathroom, but I think for two people it is a real squeeze. The only hot water is from the faucet. It does come out hot, but there is nothing to keep it hot, so you have to keep running more hot water into it.

Hubby & I were in a GS for our 25th anniversary and ITA with all the comments above. I was really looking forward to being at sea relaxing in our personal hot tub, but it was such a hassel I ended up only going in a couple times (husband tried it only once) - and I also remember when I turned the jets on, the vibration noise was so loud I thought I had to be tearing rivets out of the steel in the floor underneath.

I'm sure the neighbors thought "What in the world is that noise, thrusters?" LOL.

BTW there is a good view of the hot tub and the rest of the stateroom on this youtube tour:

Another funny thing I remember about the GS was that the youth club was above us, and someone up there insisted on bouncing some kind of ball (basketball?) for a couple hours straight, every single night until about 11pm, when they finally stopped. Then it was ahhh, finally quiet, yay!

Archived