Eclipse atmosphere and age range- what to expect?

CanadianLees

Hi, my fiance and I are first time cruisers in our early 30's and have just booked the Eclipse E. Caribbean Christmas cruise out of Miami on the 24th!

As virgin cruisers we're not very familiar at all with the different cruise lines but after reviewing pricing and photos we decided to go with Celebrity! The other lines we were considering were Princess and Carnival and Royal Caribbean. (although RCL had no more affordable balconies available.)

We understand that Celebrity attracts an older clientele than Carnival, however will there still be plenty of 30 somethings to mingle with on the ship? What is the atmosphere like around the pool? Is the ship dead past ten oclock? We're not looking to stay up until the wee hours of the morning but do enjoy dancing in the evening and a fun atmosphere.

We do like paying for quality and that is why we picked Celebrity, however we want to make sure we wont be way out of place age wise and that the atmosphere will still be fun!

Perhaps we should have picked a different cruise line?

Hoping to hear some of your thoughts.

Thanks!

There will be a good mix of passengers on this cruise. The times Ive sailed Celebrity there have been alot of 30 and 40 somethings. This cruise should have more kids than normal because of school being out for Christmas break. Please go to the Eclipse roll call section and join our group.

Hi, my fiance and I are first time cruisers in our early 30's and have just booked the Eclipse E. Caribbean Christmas cruise out of Miami on the 24th!

As virgin cruisers we're not very familiar at all with the different cruise lines but after reviewing pricing and photos we decided to go with Celebrity! The other lines we were considering were Princess and Carnival and Royal Caribbean. (although RCL had no more affordable balconies available.)

We understand that Celebrity attracts an older clientele than Carnival, however will there still be plenty of 30 somethings to mingle with on the ship? What is the atmosphere like around the pool? Is the ship dead past ten oclock? We're not looking to stay up until the wee hours of the morning but do enjoy dancing in the evening and a fun atmosphere.

We do like paying for quality and that is why we picked Celebrity, however we want to make sure we wont be way out of place age wise and that the atmosphere will still be fun!

Thanks!

Don't know us 70 folks. We like to party to. Just have to do it slower. Hope you have a great time. We will be on the same ship.

Have a wonderful time on your first cruise. Here are my suggestions.

After you board and have lunch, do a walking tour of the common areas. You can view the deck plans ahead of time on Celebrity web site.The S class ships have many bars, both inside and outside. Explore the lawn area and the pool areas. Find a place for the sailaway either the Mast bar,outside near the pool or at the aft Sunset Bar.

Each evening you will have the daily newspaper delivered to your stateroom.It will list all activities for the next day, including the music venues .For example, when the band plays at the pool, when live music will be featured at the Sunset bar etc.

Look forward to reading your review after your cruise

You shouldn't have any trouble finding younger people, but they may have kids. I know you don't have a frame of reference because this is your first cruise, but you have nothing to worry about. You would have to work very hard at not having fun. Cruise ships are built for a good time.

Thanks!

My wife and I are in our 40s. We are gonna have fun and party a lot. Join us !

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions! Sounds like there will be a good mix on this cruise and we are feeling better about our decision to pick Celebrity! My fiance is so sure we're going to love cruising he just booked us a smoking deal on a 3 day re-positioner out of San Diego next April lol. It's on Carnival so it will be interesting to compare! 4 weeks and counting...

We understand that Celebrity attracts an older clientele than Carnival, however will there still be plenty of 30 somethings to mingle with on the ship?

Nope.

What is the atmosphere like around the pool?

Quiet.

Is the ship dead past ten oclock?

Yes!!!!

Yup!!!!!

We are in our early 30s and like to have a good time whilst on board. On our Med cruise, there were quite a few couples our age but on the Baltic cruise, we were one of the youngest couples. This did not stop us having a good time and meeting new people. We were often drinking until the bars closed and had a great time at the Martini Bar every night.

It is all about how much you want to get involved - most people on board will be friendly and we have created a fun atmosphere with people of all ages. Go and enjoy yourselves!

Hi, I disagree with the suggestion of trying another cruiseline.

I just sailed Eclipse on Nov 11th and found quite a mix of ages on board.

The bars were busy after 10pm.....when I was strolling through

deck 4, there seemed to always be a group around the Martini Bar:D

(this was closer to midnight).

You are going Christmas Eve? There will be many more families on board

than usual since it is breaktime from school.

I met a wonderful couple on our roll call who were in their young 30s

and after spending some time with them I know they enjoyed

themselves.:)

So, in my estimation I will give you different answers.:)

On a Caribbean cruise there will be some 30 somethings on board.

The ship is not dead after 10pm

And in my opinion, no don't change cruiselines..... I would say at

least give Celebrity a try. Eclipse is a beautiful shp:)

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions! Sounds like there will be a good mix on this cruise and we are feeling better about our decision to pick Celebrity! My fiance is so sure we're going to love cruising he just booked us a smoking deal on a 3 day re-positioner out of San Diego next April lol. It's on Carnival so it will be interesting to compare! 4 weeks and counting...

And a "SMOKING DEAL it will be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But have fun :eek:

I am in my mid 40s. I love Celebrity but I will say this...I always cruise the Caribbean and usually when school is in session, so there aren't a lot of children onboard. My experience has been that RCL attracts generally younger people and there is much more activity and the cruise staff do more to entertain the passengers until at least midnight. Celebrity is VERY nice, but much quieter, and the average age of passengers tends to be older than RCL. My experience with Princess has been that the average age is older than RCL and there is more planned activity than that offered by Celebrity. Generally, the longer the cruise, the older the passengers. You will have a much different experience on your 3 day Carnival cruise. You should be able to find some people your age on Celebrity but will not be in the majority.

For reference I am 27, and sailing on the eclipse on the dec 17 sailing. So there are younger people on board! I was a little concerned about the crowd myself, but realized I am going to have fun regardless so it doesn't really matter. I will make my own fun!

Archived