Laundry??

cruisintebo

I'm sure this has been discussed many times already, but I'm a newbie. Does the Solstice have coin laundry rooms?

Thx.

They have an excellent laundry service, here is a link to the prices. Irons and steamers are forbidden on all Celebrity ships and will be confiscated.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do?faqSubjectName=Ship+%26+Stateroom+Details&faqId=566&pagename=faq_answers

Once or twice during your cruise (depending on the length of cruise), there will be an advertised "laundry special" where you can fill a bag that your cabin steward places in your stateroom. You may place inside as many items as you can fit...to maximize the amount I always fold each item, lay the bag on its side and neatly stack my dirty laundry (until the bag will hold no more). :D One more note, items should be of the same genre i.e. whites, darks, etc. so that your bag of laundry gets the proper wash/dry temp.

Cost $20 - $30.

Enjoy your cruise!

Once or twice during your cruise (depending on the length of cruise), there will be an advertised "laundry special" where you can fill a bag that your cabin steward places in your stateroom. You may place inside as many items as you can fit...to maximize the amount I always fold each item, lay the bag on its side and neatly stack my dirty laundry (until the bag will hold no more). :D One more note, items should be of the same genre i.e. whites, darks, etc. so that your bag of laundry gets the proper wash/dry temp.

Cost $20 - $30.

Enjoy your cruise!

Actually we just got back from a 12 day Med cruise and there was no laundry special. I asked our room steward and he said that had been discontinued.

There may be some variation on where your cruise is going -- some itineraries the laundry special is offered, some it isn't. It may have been discontinued in the Med but not elsewhere. If it should happen to be offered on your cruise, it is a bargain, but I wouldn't count on it.

I have laundry issues, too. Doing a back to back in Dec on the Noordam and the Maasdam. Do they both, or either have guest laundries? HOpe so, or I'm gonna run out of undies. :-)

Thanks!

Welcome to Cruise Critic!:)

The Noordam--no, the Maasdam--yes......suggest in future you ask on the appropriate board (Holland America) for the line you have questions about.;)

There may be some variation on where your cruise is going -- some itineraries the laundry special is offered, some it isn't. It may have been discontinued in the Med but not elsewhere. If it should happen to be offered on your cruise, it is a bargain, but I wouldn't count on it.

We enjoyed the "laundry special" this past May on our 14 nt. Scandinavia/Russia cruise aboard the Eclipse. Hopefully, it will be available aboard the Silhouette Italy/Croatia cruise in May, 2012.

The bag they give you is good size.

Carolyn

Actually we just got back from a 12 day Med cruise and there was no laundry special. I asked our room steward and he said that had been discontinued.

Our experiance in recent years is that the bag of laundry special is not offered to all cruisers except as an end of the cruise special for those that want to pack clean clothes.

We have seen it sometimes included as a Captains Club coupon for certain levels on certain cruises.

Our own experiance is that when it is, or was, offered to all cruisers that the price was $29 or $39. We've had the opportunity to use the bag of laundry special in the past and have spent a lot of time and effort carefully packing the bag. Pricing the items against the 'normal' laundry rates we find that a very careful and diligent packaging gets about $45 to $55 worth of laundry into the bag. While a $15 or $25 dollar discount is nothing to sneeze at it, is not large enough to change our practice of whether we'll rely on the ship's laundry or not while we're enjoying a cruise that runs many thousands of dollars. Also, the bag of laundry special generally does not include any pressing and items are returned folded in a paper bag. The per item 'normal' laundry rate does include pressing of appropriate items and these items are returned on hangers so the results are much nicer.

Archived