Very frustrated with ES..

tammymacb

I am taking my family on a cruise in April of 2012. I've got 3 rooms booked using the ES rate.

My husband is retired military. We've sailed Carnival before under the military rate. During the month of November, Carnival is running a special that military members can book up to 3 rooms on a ship using the special military prices.

This weekend the military rate dropped lower than our previously booked ES prices. I filled out the price adjustment forms for all 3 rooms as we're allowed to book up to 3 rooms using the military rates for this month.

My husbands room was approved. My room ( we're traveling with 2 teens and so I'm on one room and DH on another ) and my parents room were denied. Per Carnival, our rooms prices are not covered under the "Friends and Family" special.

So, I'm basically being punished ( at $120 per cabin ) for booking ES. If I hadn't, and just booked the rooms today, I'd be saving a lot of money. I spoke to a supervisor who would do nothing about it.

I'm just super frustrated. I thought the whole point of booking the ES was if you stay vigilant, you'll score the best price on a cruise. But, in my case, BECAUSE I have an ES, I'm paying more- even though we qualify for the price drop.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Just wanted to kick in my 2 cents ... Keep trying.

I submitted 2 forms and spoke to 3-4 people last time before I received my OBC. Maybe if you re-do your form again using different wording, it may help. That's what I did and it worked. Be sure to do a "print screen" as evidence of the rate for which you are trying to qualify.

Good luck to you. :)

How do you do a print screen?

Print Screen:

Pull up the info on your screen that you want “copied”.

On your keyboard, you may have a “print screen” button at the top right side.

Press “Ctrl” (Control) & the Print Screen.

Open MicroSoft Word, get a new clean paper & then “Paste”.

Then save as a Word doc.

That’s how I do it. If you don't have that "print screen" on your keyboard, then maybe someone else can chime in.

I am taking my family on a cruise in April of 2012. I've got 3 rooms booked using the ES rate.

My husband is retired military. We've sailed Carnival before under the military rate. During the month of November, Carnival is running a special that military members can book up to 3 rooms on a ship using the special military prices.

This weekend the military rate dropped lower than our previously booked ES prices. I filled out the price adjustment forms for all 3 rooms as we're allowed to book up to 3 rooms using the military rates for this month.

My husbands room was approved. My room ( we're traveling with 2 teens and so I'm on one room and DH on another ) and my parents room were denied. Per Carnival, our rooms prices are not covered under the "Friends and Family" special.

So, I'm basically being punished ( at $120 per cabin ) for booking ES. If I hadn't, and just booked the rooms today, I'd be saving a lot of money. I spoke to a supervisor who would do nothing about it.

I'm just super frustrated. I thought the whole point of booking the ES was if you stay vigilant, you'll score the best price on a cruise. But, in my case, BECAUSE I have an ES, I'm paying more- even though we qualify for the price drop.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Could it be because these cabins were not originally booked at Military Friends & Family (up to 3 cabins) so they're only honoring the better price for the one cabin where the military person is listed?

Keep trying. Only one time did Carnival accept my price drop the FIRST time. You have to be super specific and very exact about the rate, etc. I'm not sure what clowns work this part of the business but I generally count on being denied the first time and then pleasantly surprised when I'm approved the first (which again - only happened once)! Be patient and just submit it again and possibly explain your case a little further. It can be a pain but well worth it. Don't worry - you'll get approved!

The booking does not have to be under the military rate originally. I submitted forms for our group that was booked under the ES rates. About a month ago the military rates showed up so I submitted the form and got the OBC for a couple of cabins. The beginning of November the military friends and family rate appeared so I submitted forms again and specified which cabins belonged to which military booking since I could put two cabins with each military booking. I would re-submit the form and specify that it is associated with the booking that was approved for military and give the booking number. That should work. Good luck!

Archived