Bermuda with kid

ansmom

How is Bermuda for kids? I'm thinking of taking my DD who would be 9, RCL has one out of Baltimore (about 1hr from us) so it would be perfect. But I'm not sure if theres enough to do there. She likes the beach and is pretty active. I'm just in the early stages of planning but we'd probably go in June 12 which I know will be busy with kids which is fine with me if she can find some friends on the boat.

I'm sure you'll find plenty, especially if beaches are her thing!

Once you decide on your ship and date, go to the Roll Call boards on this site...you can start finding out about some of the other CC'ers who will be sailing with you...perhaps find some kids that will be going........and there will be PLENTY of kids!!!

We took Enchantment of the Seas this past September with our almost 5 year old child. He had a great time in Bermuda. He preferred hanging out with us to the kids' club but we saw plenty of kids using it. It just wasnt his thing.

We did a private tour and beach time while in Bermuda.

Had a great time. As a matter of fact we are headed back but not out of Bmore this time. This time we are out of San Juan.

Good Luck,

Ashley

WE LOVE BERMUDA!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE BERMUDA!!!! :D

I did Enchantment out of Baltimore without the kids in June (they were still in school and they had already used up all of their excused vacation days on Grandeur) - loved it so much had to come back and take the Gem out of NYC WITH the kids and we went back to Bermuda.

So starting on THIS page (start at post #67), you can see my kids' experience in Bermuda...they are the same age as your daughter

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1498132&page=4

And the Enchantment kids pages are at the link in my signature.

• 2 weeks later...
How is Bermuda for kids? I'm thinking of taking my DD who would be 9, RCL has one out of Baltimore (about 1hr from us) so it would be perfect. But I'm not sure if theres enough to do there. She likes the beach and is pretty active. I'm just in the early stages of planning but we'd probably go in June 12 which I know will be busy with kids which is fine with me if she can find some friends on the boat.

Bermuda is a wonderful place to visit with kids. There is a lot to capture their attention and keep both adults and kids very happy.

You can check out the Dolphin Quest http://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_00002b.htm and Maritime museum (@Kings Wharf) http://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_000028.htm . There is also the Bermuda aquarium (museum &zoo) in Hamilton. http://www.bamz.org/ and they sometimes (seasonal) offer little boat trips of a few hours, more so educational, but fun too. Check the schedule.

If your DD is a girly-girl, there is a Bermuda Perfumery in St George.

Of course, dont forget the beaches. They are all magnificent (I would not suggest Snorkel Park. It is a man made beach, not worth an admission fee unless you are with folks who have mobility issues and can not navigate the bus/ferry system) **Glass bottom boat trip. **Snorkeling **Crystal Caves- but in June this might bee very, very hot & humid.

Oh, and there are a few beaches where you can collect Seaglass as well. If your DD likes crafts, you can enjoy crafting something with her from the seaglass when you arrive back home.

Horseshoe Bay beach is typically recommended. Easy to get to. Facilities. A food shack. If you're adventurous stop at Church Bay first (no amenities) but a steps to walk down to the beach (& back up,lol)....we have never seen more then 6 people there! It is great to stop there, then catch the bus one more stop to Horseshoe. (if on Horseshoe, walk around. Starring at the sea, if you go left, there are numerous coves!)

Enjoy!

Archived