Miami hotel

irishayes

Don't think you can post names here but there is a popular chain with a location at the pier

it's the word that follows Xmas __________ Easter _________ and the first letter is H

I could be wrong but hotels are mentioned all the time on these threads. I believe it just travel agents, PCC and such that can't be.

In addition to those suggested above check out the Doubletree Biscayne Bay - Some rooms have a view of the port (a great view to wake up to! :D), big rooms, great pool area, nicest hotel bathroom I've had (except for Singapore), and the bar/restaurant in the lobby is very good. ;) The Marriott next door is alos very nice.

From MIA a taxi to any downtown hotel will run $25+ and another $10-12 cab ride will get you to POM the next morning. Good luck! :)

Don't think you can post names here but there is a popular chain with a location at the pier

it's the word that follows Xmas __________ Easter _________ and the first letter is H

You are not allowed to give the name of a travel agent, but as far as hotels, names are mentioned here all the time.

Hotels near the port of Miami include Marriott Biscayne Bay, JW Marriott, Intercontinental, Doubletree, Hilton, Hyatt, and a few others. Many cruisers get good prices on Priceline, Hotwire and Lastminutetravel.

We have used Rodeway Inn, Miami International many times, and have always been happy. Lots of bad reviews, but the have always taken care of us, free shuttle to port, pharmacy, salon, and attached diner/bar. When we have had problems, they have addressed them right away. It's a place to sleep. I'd rather spend my money cruising! :)

In addition to those suggested above check out the Doubletree Biscayne Bay - Some rooms have a view of the port (a great view to wake up to! :D), big rooms, great pool area, nicest hotel bathroom I've had (except for Singapore), and the bar/restaurant in the lobby is very good. ;) The Marriott next door is alos very nice.

From MIA a taxi to any downtown hotel will run $25+ and another $10-12 cab ride will get you to POM the next morning. Good luck! :)

Hello, I am staying there in a few weeks for 2 nights; how are the food options in the building? From what I have read there are some stores around.

Also, is there some sort of shuttle to the port;- a taxi will do though of course

Hello, I am staying there in a few weeks for 2 nights; how are the food options in the building? From what I have read there are some stores around.

Also, is there some sort of shuttle to the port;- a taxi will do though of course

There are some shops and local fast food options in the underground areas connecting the Doubletree and the Marriott to nearby condo buildings. The bar/restaurant in the lobby of the Doubletree is very good, or walk 2-blocks to Biscayne & 18th and dine at BIN 18 - great food and an extensive wine and craft beer list. :D

A taxi to POM the next day will cost you about $10+tip. Good luck! :)

JohninDC

Okay since you have stayed at the Doubletree, is there a place to buy wine and especially beer in the underground shops?

Much appreciated if you can answer, staying there in less than 2 weeks.

Kath

Both wine and beer are available in the underground shops. :D

We have used Rodeway Inn, Miami International many times, and have always been happy. Lots of bad reviews, but the have always taken care of us, free shuttle to port, pharmacy, salon, and attached diner/bar. When we have had problems, they have addressed them right away. It's a place to sleep. I'd rather spend my money cruising! :)

I am considering staying at this hotel with my husband the night before our cruise in April. We will have a long 12 hour or so drive that day and figure we will get in late so what do we need a fancy hotel downtown for...right? Is the area safe? Do they offer breakfast? Were you allowed to leave a car there...is it safe to do so?

Thanks

Area is safe. Never had a problem or a feeling of not being safe. The University "diner" serves breakfast, an last time I was there, they gave a voucher towards breakfast. Never been there with a car, but they do have a parking lot. I'd be curious to hear how you make out. As I said, they were great to take care of issues, and rates are pretty good. I get a RARES discount through work, which makes it even better. And I love the shuttle!

Area is safe. Never had a problem or a feeling of not being safe. The University "diner" serves breakfast, an last time I was there, they gave a voucher towards breakfast. Never been there with a car, but they do have a parking lot. I'd be curious to hear how you make out. As I said, they were great to take care of issues, and rates are pretty good. I get a RARES discount through work, which makes it even better. And I love the shuttle!

Thanks we may consider it

I am considering staying at this hotel with my husband the night before our cruise in April. We will have a long 12 hour or so drive that day and figure we will get in late so what do we need a fancy hotel downtown for...right? Is the area safe? Do they offer breakfast? Were you allowed to leave a car there...is it safe to do so?

Thanks

Check out parking packages at parksleepfly.com You need to know that some hotels are not in a very good area of town and parking there is at your risk. Don't pick the cheapest if you value your car. The hotels in the Blue Lagoon area are nice, in a good area and a couple have secured lots...see the Hampton Inn there. The package prices are good values.

Just pick a place in a good part of town and you will have one less thing to think about while cruising!:)

Archived