Luggage Tage (once again)

NW Pacific

Am I correct that Carvival DOES NOT mail luggage tags and you are responsible for printing them out on paper and somehow attach them to your luggage. We only have "regular" paper in our printer and cannot imagine how they would stay intact after being dropped off with a Porter and gone through whatever before being delivered to our cabin.

We will be getting off another Ship/Cruise line and then proceeding to Carnivals terminal and will not have access to a stapler.

Will hope Porters have regular luggage tags to put on bags and add our room # when we get to that point?

Sure I am worrying about nothing but seem to over think some things some times!

We have a guarnatee so probably won't know # until we get there? Did book2 months out.

Am I correct that Carvival DOES NOT mail luggage tags and you are responsible for printing them out on paper and somehow attach them to your luggage. We only have "regular" paper in our printer and cannot imagine how they would stay intact after being dropped off with a Porter and gone through whatever before being delivered to our cabin.

We will be getting off another Ship/Cruise line and then proceeding to Carnivals terminal and will not have access to a stapler.

Will hope Porters have regular luggage tags to put on bags and add our room # when we get to that point?

We have a guarnatee so probably won't know # until we get there? Did book2 months out.

Luggage tags are printable.. thats all. that I know of. We are going on our cruise sunday and we have ours printed out already.. it tells you were to fold and its rather thick after you fold it. it would take someone pulling them off for it to fall off or get ripped off by force. im sure teh purser desk has a stapler on the other boat or someone does.. its a business.

carnival does not mail luggage tags

you can print out the paper tags, fold them according to the directions and then wrap in clear plastic tape (shipping tape) and you will be fine. I did 2 cruises with this method and i never had a problem

I picked up some laminate sheets.

I used a perm. marker to write our last name on the tags. Very Boldly, LOL

Bring a perm marker with you that way when the porter tells you your cabin # you can BOLDLY write it over the laminate.

After folding the regular printed tags .. the instructions are printed on where and how to fold will be on them.

I left them folded and then laminated them making just 1 2sided tag.

Punch a hole in the top and use zip ties to attach to the luggage.

Since we were flying I put the tags and zip ties in my travel envelope.

Before leaving our hotel I put them on the luggage.

I print mine on regular paper, then fold as instructed and use clear shipping tape to "plasticize" the luggage tags. Then I take a roll of scotch tape in my carry-on and tape the ends of the luggage tags together on the bag right before heading to the ship. I always know my cabin number so I write it on before plasticizing it. If for some reason my cabin number wasn't known prior to sailing, I would take a black felt market and write it on right there at the cruise terminal. Nancy

DW and I cover ours with clear masking tape. After folding tags and putting our name on them, we tape over them, then punch a hole at bottom and use a ziptie to keep it attached to luggage. Kind of a poor man's laminate.

I print mine on regular paper, then fold as instructed and use clear shipping tape to "plasticize" the luggage tags. Then I take a roll of scotch tape in my carry-on and tape the ends of the luggage tags together on the bag right before heading to the ship. I always know my cabin number so I write it on before plasticizing it. If for some reason my cabin number wasn't known prior to sailing, I would take a black felt market and write it on right there at the cruise terminal. Nancy

I do this with packing tape after I put my info on them. I then punch a hole in the top and when I get to port I put them on with plastic cable ties.

if you don't want to go the tape route, I saw a site that sells luggage tags...you just insert your cruise luggage tags into the holder, and they fasten to luggage. Kind of nice, in that they are reusable..

*******************.com. (sorry..forgot rules...look for Favors & serendipity).

or just google cruise luggage tags.

Bring a perm marker with you that way when the porter tells you your cabin # you can BOLDLY write it over the laminate.

HuH??? Why would you not know your cabin number in advance and what makes you think the porter would know?

This statement makes no sense whatsoever...

Bring a roll of wide, clear packing tape. Fold the luggage tags, per the instructions and then feed them through the luggage handle. Take your tape and wrap the tags once or twice--so it looks a little bit like you've laminated it. That will keep the tag readable and durable enough to get onboard.

Why would you not know your cabin number in advance and what makes you think the porter would know?

If you book a guarantee cabin, you might not know before you board what your number is. The porters have a list. (I hope so!)

HuH??? Why would you not know your cabin number in advance and what makes you think the porter would know?

Guarantee cabins are sometimes not assigned till check in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A porter will have the manifest of everyone sailing that week.

Sometimes when you book a guarantee you just dont know until you get to the pier.

To the OP - I would keep checking your "Manage my Booking" tab to get your assignment

carnival does not mail luggage tags

you can print out the paper tags, fold them according to the directions and then wrap in clear plastic tape (shipping tape) and you will be fine. I did 2 cruises with this method and i never had a problem

This is exactly what we do. Print them, wrap in clear shipping tape, punch a hole in the top with a hole punch and attach to the luggage with a big rubber band. Have yet to lose or have one destroyed. You'll be fine.

I never print mine. Always get them from the porters. Take along a marker, add your name and cabin number and you are ready to go, never an issue.

Honestly.. I've never had to go through the laminating and zip tie stuff before...

By the time you triple fold them they are very thick... I write on them, wrap then around the luggage handle, and tape them up with clear moving tape... it's perfect and sometimes it's hard for me to get off when I try to remove them after the cruise.. they aren't going anywhere!

if you don't want to go the tape route, I saw a site that sells luggage tags...you just insert your cruise luggage tags into the holder, and they fasten to luggage. Kind of nice, in that they are reusable..

*******************.com. (sorry..forgot rules...look for Favors & serendipity).

or just google cruise luggage tags.

Thanks for this tip...I just used your search tips and placed our order today! Will save the laminating hassle and I like the reusable factor :)

Archived