Flying in to FL but cruising out of Miami

weazie

We are wondering where to stay. We won't get into FL until 4:50. Would like a reasonably priced hotel with shuttle service, and preferrably a lounge & restaurant. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

We are wondering where to stay. We won't get into FL until 4:50. Would like a reasonably priced hotel with shuttle service, and preferrably a lounge & restaurant. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I don't believe there are any hotels that will shuttle you free of charge between Ft Lauderdale and Miami. It is a 45-60 minute drive. You can pay for a shuttle to take you into Miami and then stay at one of the downtown hotels near the Port of Miami. From there it will be about a $10 taxi ride to the ship.

I'm assuming by saying FL you mean Ft Lauderdale.............easier to fly into Miami.

You can stay in the FLL area (we like the Embassy Suites - big room, nice breakfast, dining options within walking distance, and free happy hour :D) and then shuttle to POM the next day for about $15 per person - check with SAS (www.ridesas.com), QLS (www.qualitylimoservice.com) and others. They can also transport you back to FLL after your cruise for the same price. A taxi on the same run will cost $85+ :eek:

As mentioned above, your other option is to shuttle to downtown Miami and then then cab to POM the next day. Popular downtown hotels with cruisers include Holiday Inn, Hyatt, Intercontinental, Marriott and Doulbetree - some offer rooms with a view of the port, which is a great way to wake up the morning of your cruise! ;)

Good luck! :)

I don't believe there are any hotels that will shuttle you free of charge between Ft Lauderdale and Miami. It is a 45-60 minute drive. You can pay for a shuttle to take you into Miami and then stay at one of the downtown hotels near the Port of Miami. From there it will be about a $10 taxi ride to the ship.

I'm assuming by saying FL you mean Ft Lauderdale.............easier to fly into Miami.

The OP asked about shuttle service. Didn't suggest between FLL an Miami. Just shuttle service. Mayhaps the OP meant between the airport and the hotel. Just sayin.......

The OP asked about shuttle service. Didn't suggest between FLL an Miami. Just shuttle service. Mayhaps the OP meant between the airport and the hotel. Just sayin.......

If that's the case, then why would OP prominently note the irrelevant fact that he or she is cruising out of Miami?

Because flights are so much cheaper to FLL from Chicago and FLL is such a nice airport we frequently do the same thing. Have stayed in Fort Lauderdale at the Marriott right on the beach and loved it and have also stayed at many hotels in Miami - mostly Marriotts - downtown Marriott, downtown Courtyard and the South Beach Marriott. Would recommend using SAS for transport from Fort Lauderale as they have great rates and are so reliable. If staying at one of the major hotels in Miami most likely you will just need to take a quick cab ride to the port.

I'm confused. Are you flying into Ft Lauderdale (FLL) and need to get to Miami for the cruise? If yes, I assume you are coming the day before given your flight time and which city do you want to stay in, Ft Lauderdale or Miami?

Kirk

Archived