Yankee Trails anyone used transportation?

JdoggCruiser

• 4 weeks later...

My daughter and I sailed out of NY on October 30, 2011. We live near Rochester, NY, and drove to Albany the day before. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Reneselear that night. The drive to the Yankee Trails Bus pickup point was about one mile and there was a McDonald's on the way. Drove into McDonalds and picked up breakfast, since the hotel breakfast did not open until 7 AM. Parked our car and waited with about 19 people for the bus. Bus arrived on time and we were off to NY City. The bus did not have any other stops to make so we arrived at the pier at 10:10 AM. Worked really well for us. When you return, sign up for the latest departure from the ship, since the bus doesn't arrive back to pick you up until about 11:00. The bus trip and the night in the hotel were about equal to parking at the pier but I did not have to drive into NY City. The service is well worth the money.

My daughter and I sailed out of NY on October 30, 2011. We live near Rochester, NY, and drove to Albany the day before. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Reneselear that night. The drive to the Yankee Trails Bus pickup point was about one mile and there was a McDonald's on the way. Drove into McDonalds and picked up breakfast, since the hotel breakfast did not open until 7 AM. Parked our car and waited with about 19 people for the bus. Bus arrived on time and we were off to NY City. The bus did not have any other stops to make so we arrived at the pier at 10:10 AM. Worked really well for us. When you return, sign up for the latest departure from the ship, since the bus doesn't arrive back to pick you up until about 11:00. The bus trip and the night in the hotel were about equal to parking at the pier but I did not have to drive into NY City. The service is well worth the money.

My experience, too (except different hotel). Amtrak may be a little cheaper, but parking was more expensive. The bus takes you right to the pier. I would recommend Yankee Trails.

Hello...we have nothing but excellent comments about Yankee Trails Bus Service from Upstate New York, to the cruise ship terminal in New Jersey.

We just booked their bus service roundtrip from the Albany area for our cruise in March. Sure beats paying almost $600 roundtrip to fly from either Syracuse or Albany when their bus fare roundtrip was only $80 each.

If anyone is thinking about using them after the end of March, I will post comments when we get back from our cruise that might help in your decision making process.

Archived