Upgraded Latitude Levels?

cassie55

I've logged into My NCL and it shows that both my husband and I are platinum level.

We've taken 11 cruises and so should be (and have been) gold.

Has anyone else been 'upgraded' like this? Is it an error that's likely to be corrected?

Wow! I just checked mine, and I was changed to Silver. I only have three NCL cruises (so I should be bronze); but one was for 14 days, and another one was in an AB suite.

I am thinking that if they give two cruise credits for sailings longer than 7 days, I got two for my 14-day. If they also give two for sailing in suites, I got two for my 7-day in a suite. Then I got one for my 7-day in a regular balcony. That would give me five credits, making me silver.

Maybe they are taking the amount you spend onboard into account too.

Of course, all we're doing is speculating. It is exciting to think that I have been bumped up a level though. I like the perk of an extra cocktail party.

Just checked on a couple of friends accounts, since I have their passwords.

First set of friends have 2 completed cruises (10 days each), forward suites for both cruises....are now listed as Silver.

Second set of friends have cruised 4 times, inside/balconys...never in a suite, are listed as Silver.

Third set of friends have cruised 2 times, inside/balcony and are still listed as Bronze where they should be.

Steve and I are both still listed as Platinum....23 cruises, all categories of cabins...from insides to suites.

I've logged into My NCL and it shows that both my husband and I are platinum level.

We've taken 11 cruises and so should be (and have been) gold.

Has anyone else been 'upgraded' like this? Is it an error that's likely to be corrected?

It looks like they have made some program changes and either lowered the number of cruises needed per level or gave all of us a new level to kick off the new program, whatever it is. Regardless, I am really happy. I needed 2 more cruises to make platinum and hubby needed about 4. I don't know if his was changed, I haven't checked. I did check the level requirements and they don't show any changes...

NIta

I was about to hit silver after my next one and am now gold. 2 of mine plus the upcoming one are in a suite, so it does sound like they're taking these into account. One in a suite was 11 days, so it will be interesting to see how it all plays out. I hope they haven't lowered the benefits for each level at the same time, but I guess we'll see once they announce it. I too looked at the latitudes link and it still showed the old structure.

I just checked mine and I should still have been bronze up until my next one in Feb. would have been my 5th cruise. This would have also counted the one nighter - which at the time NCL told me would count towards lattitudes. Although I think I read here somewhere that they no longer count. Anyway all of ours were in suites so even though some were upsold or one was won on a charity auction.

So... I'm wondering now if the program will be available to me where when you move up to the next level you get $$___? (I forget the details) for OBC if you book within a certain timeframe?:confused:

I just called NCL and they don't have any new info on it. I called the Latitudes desk and I think was rerouted to the normal line. I'm guessing they'll come out with the details soon. Anxiously awaiting :) I have another 4 cruises booked this year, 2 in suites, maybe i could hit platinum this year, which would be amazing :)

I'm trying to put this together as well. We have taken four cruises , all in balconies, in two years. We also have three booked in advance. While we should be bronze until after the next cruise, we are now silver.:)

I think it's a computer mistake. I just checked mine and have gone to gold. I should be firmly silver still. The web site is a new designed site since I was on it recently. I wouldn't count on these newly reflected latitude levels being correct. I expect to be adjusted back down.

It does seem strange that they've changed the levels but not changed the info on the website.

my level was upgraded as well, i was not due to up grade to after my next cruise. it appears the change they made is based on the number of days on board. if so im happy with that as my next cruise is 17 days. perhaps in the next few days they will change the info on their site

:D:D

There's been talk of them overhauling the system, so I wouldn't be surprised if they've done this piece first. When the news release goes out about new levels, everyone is going to jump on to look, so they need to have updated this info before they release the details. Trying to piece together the info, for fun I've sailed:

11 days in a 2 bedroom suite

7 days in a 2 bedroom suite

7 days in a mini suite

7 days in a balcony

Should be bronze, almost silver, but am gold.

Maybe 3 points for suites, and 3 points for over 7 days? Would bring me to 10?

Or 1 pt for less than 7 days, 2 for 7, 3 for more than 7 plus one extra for suites?

Note I'm just guessing for fun, anyone else want to play?

Archived