Spending Easter Sunday in Orlando...

njmomof2

We will be debarking Freedom of the Seas in Port Canaveral on Easter Sunday in 2012. We're not flying home until Monday. Have a hotel secured, but does anyone in the area know what might be open that day for us to do? We have done Disney on Easter Sunday and won't do it again (plus my mom is with us and the walking is too much for her).

I'm sure we'll find restaurants open for dinner, but what is available during the day? We can stay at the hotel and hang by the pool but I'd like to try and get out during the day if possible.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
We will be debarking Freedom of the Seas in Port Canaveral on Easter Sunday in 2012. We're not flying home until Monday. Have a hotel secured, but does anyone in the area know what might be open that day for us to do? We have done Disney on Easter Sunday and won't do it again (plus my mom is with us and the walking is too much for her).

I'm sure we'll find restaurants open for dinner, but what is available during the day? We can stay at the hotel and hang by the pool but I'd like to try and get out during the day if possible.

Thanks.

We will be on the same cruise and we are staying in Orlando an extra day as well. We will be staying at a Disney hotel but not visiting the parks. So we can enjoy the pool if the weather permits and we will be eating dinner at Cape May Cafe that night at Disney's Beach club they are supposed to have a special easter meal

Nothing will be open except the theme parks. The stores/malls will be closed.

If you'll have a car, take a drive to our lovely downtown area and walk around Lake Eola. Stop and see our beloved swans and take a ride in a swan boat. Enjoy the lovely oasis amidst the high rises, it reminds me of a miniature version of Central Park. http://www.cityoforlando.net/fpr/html/Parks/lakeeola.htm

Then choose one of the many fabulous restaurants in the area. I'd suggest Luma on Park in Winter Park, about a 10 minute drive from the downtown core.

Thanks.

We are also on the same cruise and am staying until Monday. I am still trrying to decide which hotel to stay in because I am not sure what we will be doing for the day. Prob. will just stay at an airport hotel and hang out there.

We are also on the same cruise and am staying until Monday. I am still trrying to decide which hotel to stay in because I am not sure what we will be doing for the day. Prob. will just stay at an airport hotel and hang out there.

Why stay at an airport hotel unless you have a very early flight out? Orlando/Kissimmee has tens of thousands of hotels with some of the best pools in the country.

I'd do some research and make that last day an exciting part of your vacation.

To the OP, agree, skip the parks. What a mess!

I'm not sure what will not be open. Easter is peak season for us and we have to make the money while season is here!

Archived