Blue Lagoon on the Gem

karen of PA

This is my first Norwegian cruise and many people have mentioned the Blue Lagoon as a good place to eat. What is it? Is it a buffet or a dining room? What types of food are served there?

Thanks so much in advance for your responses!

It's a dining room, you are seated and served. If I had to describe the food I would say "comfort food". Cheese burgers, chicken wings, fish and chips, mozzarella sticks...and more. Don't forget to try the Brownie sundae, or Strawberry poundcake for dessert. They also serve breakfast.

No extra charge, no reservations........and they are open 23 -24 hours a day. :)

My hubby likes the fish and chips and I always order the grilled chicken sandwich (with cheese on it). Delish!

If you don't want to eat in the Blue Lagoon, you can always ask for it to go and they will wrap it for you and then you can take it back to your room. In fact, the one time we did this, I think it was the least amount of time that we waited for our food. (We were on the Pearl.)

On every NCL ship on which I've sailed, I've found the service in the Blue Lagoon to be the worst on the ship, slow and inattentive, with minor exception. I don't think the food is all that great there either; it's more a place to get something solid to eat at odd hours if you feel the need (and can put up with the wait). Just my opinion, of course. YMMV.

My hubby likes the fish and chips and I always order the grilled chicken sandwich (with cheese on it). Delish!

If you don't want to eat in the Blue Lagoon, you can always ask for it to go and they will wrap it for you and then you can take it back to your room. In fact, the one time we did this, I think it was the least amount of time that we waited for our food. (We were on the Pearl.)

Good to know!

On the gem now

We have been to the Blue Lagoon everyday

Wonton soup is great DD loves the chic tenders

Desserts are yummy too

Great place for a quick bite or cheesecake

Location is just on 8 right above 7 :)

Near the atrium

We did the Gem on the port intensive Med and the Blue Lagoon was wonderful. We were tired after all the walking and it was great to get a little taste of home while in Europe. It was also fun to look over into the Atrium if something was going on down there.

Perfect for a late night or anytime snack!

We loved the Blue Lagoon on the Jewel. Whenever we went, it was never crowded, but on our cruise the buffet had the most crowds instead.

We ate there sometimes, but at other times just stopped in for wings & fries to either eat while out on deck or to take back to our balcony.

They will wrap up anything on the menu for you 'to go', even the delicious brownie sundae.

Archived