best kids' club for young cruisers?

melodyka

We are looking for a cruise to celebrate my daughter's 3rd birthday in January 2013. I also have another daughter that will be almost 6 years old. We have gone on a Princess cruise and she LOVED the kids' club. It was a 10 day cruise in January, so she was only 1 of 10 kids in the club. We are definitely considering Disney because we all love Disney, but wanted to see if anyone highly recommends any other cruiselines or specific ships?

Also, we are in NJ, so I really like the idea of departing from NYC or Liberty if possible- any feedback on ships that sail from this area, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

I think she'd enjoy almost any cruiseline's kids club....especially at her age. She's in the prime age group for liking "group activities"!

The only problem I'd have will cruising from a northern port in winter is the loss of warm weather days....figure 2 days to get to warm weather, and 2 days of cold on the way home.....

If you want to get a lot of good opinions be sure to post on the Family Cruise Board.

In my opinion, Disney is the best and the next one is Princess. Often people don't think of Princess but they have a wonderful children's program as your daughter experienced.

Keith

We are looking for a cruise to celebrate my daughter's 3rd birthday in January 2013. I also have another daughter that will be almost 6 years old. We have gone on a Princess cruise and she LOVED the kids' club. It was a 10 day cruise in January, so she was only 1 of 10 kids in the club. We are definitely considering Disney because we all love Disney, but wanted to see if anyone highly recommends any other cruiselines or specific ships?

Also, we are in NJ, so I really like the idea of departing from NYC or Liberty if possible- any feedback on ships that sail from this area, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

We sailed Disney and our daughter at that age LOVED the Princess etc...and that was perfect but Royal has a better all around kids club in my daughter's estimation..the councilor are more flexable on Royal and make the day fit the kid's wishes...Liberty is a great fit for not only the kids club but the water park pool areas. Hope you have a wonderful cruise.:)

P.S. My wife was born in Jersey City...(fist pump:D)

Archived