Laundry

kitty allen

I thought they had self serve laundry

Stitch is correct, Celebrity has never had self service laundries fleetwide. If I might make a suggestion, my son and I usually take our clothes and just put them in the suitcase. Upon arrival at the ship we give them to our steward who has them pressed. The price for cleaning and pressing is the actually cheaper than I pay at home so it works out well.

I also might point out that irons and steamers are forbbidden on Celebrity ships and will be confiscated and returned at the end of the cruise.

Larry, like a lot of other stuff on the Celebrity website, this list is out of date.

Here is a small sample of the prices charged on Infinity during our Oct 28th Panama Canal cruise.

The laundry list showed the cost for pants of $4.95, suit was $12.95, Long Sleeve shirt $4.95, Short Sleeve shirt $3.95, Dress $7.95, skirt $4.95, T-shirt $2.95, Undergarments $1.95, swimsuit $2.95 and socks $1.95 per pair. Shorts were $3.95, Jacket $5.95 and pajamas was $3.95. Of course, many people use shampoo and wash their own socks and undies - just don't rig up a clothes line on your balcony.

For dry cleaning, a suit was $12.95, jacket $7.95, pants $5,95, long sleeve shirt $5.95, dress 12.95, skirt $5.95.

There was a "stuff the bag" laundry special for $29 near the end of the cruise.

Also, if you have a full suite (Celebrity Suite and above) the captain may extend elite benefits to you even though you are not elite. Happened to us on this past cruise and it was a total surprise. But that is totally at the discretion of the captain and may depend on how many other elites are on board.

Stitch is correct, Celebrity has never had self service laundries fleetwide. If I might make a suggestion, my son and I usually take our clothes and just put them in the suitcase. Upon arrival at the ship we give them to our steward who has them pressed. The price for cleaning and pressing is the actually cheaper than I pay at home so it works out well.

I also might point out that irons and steamers are forbbidden on Celebrity ships and will be confiscated and returned at the end of the cruise.

I did not realize steamers were forbiden too! Thanks for the laundry list up a few posts. Will have to budget for some laundry items. Do all Captain's Club members get a coupon for laundry or just elite?

i am careful what i send to laundry. it is not ironed, but folded. jammed in the bag, so not wrinkle free. i send shorts, t-shirts, etc. not dress or good clothes. i think they use hot water also.

They return appropriate items (pants, button up shirts, women's tops, etc) ironed and on hangers if you pay the per item peice rate. The bag of laundry and 30 item specials they provide to Captain's Club members and sometimes to others indicates it does not include pressing and that items would be returned folded.

In the past they've always done a great job on our dress clothing and other items and once we understood the limitations of the bulk item specials we thought those items were fine as well.

They return appropriate items (pants, button up shirts, women's tops, etc) ironed and on hangers if you pay the per item peice rate. The bag of laundry and 30 item specials they provide to Captain's Club members and sometimes to others indicates it does not include pressing and that items would be returned folded.

In the past they've always done a great job on our dress clothing and other items and once we understood the limitations of the bulk item specials we thought those items were fine as well.

On both the Summit and Solstice, we used our Elite coupons for the 30-item wash and fold. I was very surprised when my husband and son's T-shirts, polo shirts came back on wire hangers. It is a wonderful perk!

I did not realize steamers were forbidden too!

You can emulate the effect of a steamer by hanging your wrinkled items in the closed bathroom as you take a hot shower. I do this on occasion at home when I don't have time to drag out the ironing board. Badly wrinkled items need to be pressed, but in a pinch the shower steam works pretty well.

Last time I used the ship's laundry services (Constellation 2002), I sent a shirt of my daughter's that had a sewn-on brooch-type of decoration, which got lost in the laundry. Ever since then, I have been careful not to send ornamented items -- I even think twice about packing that type of garment. Silks and other delicate items we either do in the sink or wait until we get home.

Archived