Men's formalwear

kitty allen

Took the words right outta' my mouth, well, I couldn't come up with the words as well as you did but that is what what I was thinking. That doesn't necessarily make us right, but it takes away the denial of others that maybe there was a sharp comment from Jack. There was.

Jacket and tie and you'll be good to go.

You are on target.;)

On some of Celebrity's ships if you don't wear a jacket, they have been handing them out so your comments are not exactly accurate...

I can only say what I have saw and experienced on my recent X cruises. (2 in the last 7 months.)

My question would be - why does an X ship have different rules? That should be Cruise Line wide on all ships, not on just some and not on the others.

I can only say what I have saw and experienced on my recent X cruises. (2 in the last 7 months.)

My question would be - why does an X ship have different rules? That should be Cruise Line wide on all ships, not on just some and not on the others.

Been saying the same thing for years, look at the mess they created on the Eclipse with Blu....

You are on target.;)

Jack made a factual comment and criticized no one. Here is Celebritys dress code, was there anything in his comment that was untrue...

Gentlemen: Tuxedo, suit or dinner jacket with slacks.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_dining#onboard_proper_dining_attire_tab/onboard/textPanel.do%3Fpagename=onboard_proper_dining_attire

Again, its not his fault that Celebrity doesn't follow their own rules.

Old saying, "don't kill the messenger."

Here's another fact. A jacket and tie is always considered smart casual, not formal. Plain and simple. Men are wearing them, but it's not formal wear. No one cares so do as you please and see what you can get away with. It's the way of the world, isn't it?

Here's another fact. A jacket and tie is always considered smart casual, not formal. Plain and simple. Men are wearing them, but it's not formal wear. No one cares so do as you please and see what you can get away with. It's the way of the world, isn't it?

Sadly, that appears to be so.

If no one cares, why do so many of the "pro-formal" folks persist in these debates?:confused:

If no one cares, why do so many of the "pro-formal" folks persist in these debates?:confused:

Generally because someone asks a question and posters on this board give answers to those questions. No one came on here to intimadate anyone as you suggested, a poster put the correct answer according to the cruise line, that is certainly not intimadation...I'm a little confused as to where you think anyone was intimadated, perhaps you could provide one example.....

..I'm a little confused as to where you think anyone was intimadated, perhaps you could provide one example.....

Basically because the first 14 people to respond to the OP's question answered the question thus making it unnecessary to quote chapter and verse. He may not have felt that he was being intimidating but sometimes being sensitive to how an answer may be received by a new member is a good thing. (I guess the OP did learn never to open the can of worms that is a dress code question:))

We just disembarked a 12 day cruise on Silhouette.

We wore TUXes on 2 of the 3 formal nights, and a dark suit/tie on the other formal night which was Thanksgiving and a port night.

The other nights we wore dress slacks and long sleeved shirts, sometimes with a blazer.

On the formal nights, we saw TUXes, dark suits with ties, sport jackets with tie, and yes, a few without jacket or tie that had been allowed into the main dining room.

A dark suit and tie will be perfectly fine for formal, and khakis or any other dress slacks with a collared shirt for all other nights will be good too.

Go and enjoy!

Basically because the first 14 people to respond to the OP's question answered the question thus making it unnecessary to quote chapter and verse. He may not have felt that he was being intimidating but sometimes being sensitive to how an answer may be received by a new member is a good thing. (I guess the OP did learn never to open the can of worms that is a dress code question:))

Still confused as to how pretty much quoting the dress code is intimadating....The funny thing was that all those 14 or so people including myself actually gave the wrong answer according to Celebrity's policy. It was the wrong answer according to their policy but since they don't follow it, they were in effect giving the realistic answer.Thank you for an answer though...

Archived