3 day SKY cruise ?

Capecodbeachfront

It looks like my 4 day Mon-Fri cruise on the SKY may have to be changed to a 3 day Fri-Mon cruise. My last cruise on RC's Majesty of the Seas was a M-F as I wanted to avoid the horror stories of the insane drunk all weekend party animals. If I do go with the weekend SKY cruise will I run into the same problem? Better? Worse? Cruise would be at the end of January...20th? 27th?

How about Great Stirrup Cay is it geared for partying only? Or are their relaxing things to do there?

I understand the cruise lines need to make their $$$$ off the booze but sometimes it seems they really do not even want my business now that I don't party all night. More often than not the entertainment is geared toward sex and raunch. There should be something more for me than $25 a card bingo...

It looks like my 4 day Mon-Fri cruise on the SKY may have to be changed to a 3 day Fri-Mon cruise. My last cruise on RC's Majesty of the Seas was a M-F as I wanted to avoid the horror stories of the insane drunk all weekend party animals. If I do go with the weekend SKY cruise will I run into the same problem? Better? Worse? Cruise would be at the end of January...20th? 27th?

How about Great Stirrup Cay is it geared for partying only? Or are their relaxing things to do there?

I understand the cruise lines need to make their $$$$ off the booze but sometimes it seems they really do not even want my business now that I don't party all night. More often than not the entertainment is geared toward sex and raunch. There should be something more for me than $25 a card bingo...

Really? Could have fooled me.

...I wanted to avoid the horror stories of the insane drunk all weekend party animals. If I do go with the weekend SKY cruise will I run into the same problem? Better? Worse?

Varies.

How about Great Stirrup Cay is it geared for partying only?

Nope! :D

Or are their relaxing things to do there?

Yes!

I have been on the SKY 4-day once and 3-day twice. I have never felt that it was a booze cruise. There is something for all to do and enjoy. I had my 79 year old mother and 13 year old daughter on our last cruise. We had a great time and had no problems with any of our shipmates.

Going is better than staying home. Enjoy it.

Wife and I did the 3 day Sky cruise in August. Went there to party, but didn't think it was any more of a party scene then the times we've went on the 7 night Gem with my wife and young kids. As people like to say, a cruise is what you make of it

I also have been on the 4 and 3 night Sky cruise. The 4 night was very mellow and read about how the 3 night was a booze cruise. But I never experienced that and the 3 night was almost as mellow as the 4 night.

I guess it depends who is on board.

Great Stirrup Cay is a beach day to relax and do whatever you want to do. Never saw any outrageous drunks there ever.

I did the 4 day Sky last September and we're doing the 3 day in January for my dad's 70the birthday (age ranging from 27-70). The 4 day was a mixed crowd.

If you're looking to party and drink, you can do that. If you're lookin for R&R, you can do that too. The beauty of cruising!

Stacey

I did the 3 nighter on Sky twice this year. The first was alright, except for when trying to sleep at 2 am. Our neighbors and the hallways were very loud. It was a very drunken crowd. The second, we booked a better room, but still had bad neighbors and loud hallways. It was the first cruise in all my life I saw people throwing things at the Pilot boat. :rolleyes:

Being driving distance from the port, I often do 3 nighters for a weekend getaway. I wanted to try something different and I gave them a fair chance by doing it twice. I probably won't be doing it again.

On a good note, the bulk of the drunk crowd can be avoided by eating specialty and going to the Plantation Lounge in the evenings.

Archived