Should we book the Murano Restaurant on Celebrity Century

cassiw

We really enjoyed the food, but we found that it was not worth it because the food was so good in the MDR. We were also disappointed because we prebooked and missed a wonderful menu in the MDR. That said I would say it is worth doing once because it is very good, but considering waiting until you get onboard and are able to experience the MDR and view the menu for the day as it is published early. One thing I will strongly disagree with previous posts is about the wine. We were on the premium package and they had very few choices that fell under the $12 mark and they did not have the same wine menu that was available in the MDR. The sommelier consistently recommended wines well over $20 per glass. We enjoy matching food with wine for each course which is why we order by the glass when possible. We even got taken for $26 each for a glass of champagne at the beginning of the meal. I say we got "taken" because we had made it clear from the start that we were on the premium package and would like options within the limits, and the champagne was offered before we got a drinks menu. We chatted with others that had a similar issue, and on their second visit (they had prepaid for two visits) they insisted the Murano staff get them a wine from the MDR that would be included in their package. Our experience in the MDR with the sommelier was superb so the situation at Murano was painful and overshadowed the meal.

If the service and food hadn't been as good as they were in the MDR we would have tried Murano. We also had a fantastic time with our table mates and we would have missed them :)

Since we were having such a splendid time at dinner, we didn't feel motivated to drop $80.

• 2 months later...

I was just looking at the menu for Murano on Celebrity's website. I don't see Cesar salad as an offering. Is it possible they would serve this salad if we requested?

I'm a bit disappointed in that there are only two deserts to choose from. Any suggestions as to which one I should try?

Thank you.

Edited by coffeebean

I was just looking at the menu for Murano on Celebrity's website. I don't see Cesar salad as an offering. Is it possible they would serve this salad if we requested?

I'm a bit disappointed in that there is only two deserts to choose from. Any suggestions as to which one I should try?

Thank you.

Unless they changed in the past three months, there are more desserts than show on the menu on the celebrity site. for example, they always have offered a chocolate or grand marnier souffle and did so, if my memory hasn't failed me, on the equinox in april. I would not worry....you will have a wonderful meal...well worth the extra $$'s.

I'd suggest that you take an extra Lipitor with you on your trip and try the goose liver appetizer....that is a whole goose liver, not pate...it's etherial. Can't help with the caesar salad because it's always on the menu in the MDR so I've never tried to order it at Murano. My DW always has the lobster and it's very good. I keep jumping around and I haven't made a bad choice yet. Don't skip the cheese course...they'll help you pick out the types of cheeses that you would like (if needed).

Edited by ghstudio

Unless they changed in the past three months, there are more desserts than show on the menu on the celebrity site. for example, they always have offered a chocolate or grand marnier souffle and did so, if my memory hasn't failed me, on the equinox in april. I would not worry....you will have a wonderful meal...well worth the extra $$'s.

I'd suggest that you take an extra Lipitor with you on your trip and try the goose liver appetizer....that is a whole goose liver, not pate...it's etherial. Can't help with the caesar salad because it's always on the menu in the MDR so I've never tried to order it at Murano. My DW always has the lobster and it's very good. I keep jumping around and I haven't made a bad choice yet. Don't skip the cheese course...they'll help you pick out the types of cheeses that you would like (if needed).

Now that you mention the souffle, there is a scrolling photo of a souffle on the same page as the menu.

Edited by coffeebean

Is the lunch menu the same as the dinner menu? Is this lunch offered on all cruises?

Hi,:) you need to ask about the special luncheon. Sometimes they

offer it, sometimes they even have something more detailed (for

more money). Depends on the ship, sailing, etc. and sometimes

it is not offered at all.

I would say go see the Maitr'd and speak with him in person.:)

I'm a bit disappointed in that there are only two deserts to choose from. Any suggestions as to which one I should try?

Thank you.

At some point after the Cesar salad was dropped from their menu I asked if I could still get one and they did make it - but back in the kitchen and not table-side as they did in the past. But that was a couple years ago.

There are always far more desserts offered but for some reason these are not on the web site. They always have a souffle - which you'll notice is in the featured photos of Murano's on the same page as the online menu.

FWIW - I read one post recently which complained that the menu on board was different from the online menu.

We enjoyed our meal at Murano, but I don't think it was worth the extra 40pp plus alcohol. The food and service were both great. I typically think the main dining room food is good (not great, but good). I'd save the money and go out for a nice dinner when we get back from the cruise. That being said - Qsine sounds like such a fun and different experience that I will be spending the extra money on that one in January.

I am interested in booking Murano for my 15 day Hawaii Cruise. What is the attire for Murano on formal nights? I am wondering what nights would be formal nights on that cruise.

In Murano the dress code is smart casual every night so there is no requirement to wear formal attire on formal nights there.

With that said, a good number of diners in Muranos, or the M class equivalent restaurants, on formal nights have been dressed up in formal attire and/or men in jacket and tie. However there are also a good number in smart casual attire so one would feel comfortable dressed either way.

Personally, for us, we're not looking to justify whether the extra $40 is "worth it" when compared to the "free food" in the Main Dining Room. It goes SO far beyond the food for us. It's the heightened level of personalized service, and the ambience (translation: quiet) of the room.

If you enjoy a nice evening out of fine dining, indulge in the spluge. Your $40 will go SO much further in Murano than in any shore side restaurant of that calibur.

At some point after the Cesar salad was dropped from their menu I asked if I could still get one and they did make it - but back in the kitchen and not table-side as they did in the past. But that was a couple years ago.

There are always far more desserts offered but for some reason these are not on the web site. They always have a souffle - which you'll notice is in the featured photos of Murano's on the same page as the online menu.

FWIW - I read one post recently which complained that the menu on board was different from the online menu.

It was 2004 when we cruised on Millie and enjoyed a lovely meal in The Olympic Restaurant. Our Cesar salad dressing was prepared by two servers (they were boyfriend and girlfriend). They each had a bowl and a whisk and chatted with us for about 5 minutes as they whisked the dressings for us. They were flawless and both had a wonderful command of the English language besides a gift of gab. For some reason, I still remember that as if it were yesterday. I also remember the food and service was impeccable and I'm hoping for a similar experience in Murano on Century.

Sailing on the Century shortly and was wondering if we should go to the expense of booking a meal in the Murano Restaurant one night. I realize it is $30 extra so do you get quite a bit extra in this restaurant or should we use the money towards a spa treatment or similar. Also are the drinks more expensive in the Murano than the main dining room, New to cruising so was just wondering if we should include this in our experiences. If the answer is yes should I book it before we sail. Thanks

If it is anything like the one on Silhouette the asnwer is simple - YESSSSS!!!!!!!!

or

DEFINITELY !!!!!!!!

:D:D:D

We've always enjoyed dinner at Murano. We find it more of a "dining experience", (if that makes any sense?) not just a great meal. Well worth the extra money.

Makes perfect sense to me. I know exactly what you are talking about. DH and I do dine out quite a bit on land but not in restaurants like Murano. Those type of restaurants are for occasions. You don't have milestone birthdays or wedding anniversaries every day so those heightened dining experiences are few and far between for us. We are more the Outback, Carrabbas and Applebees diners.

Sailing on the Century shortly and was wondering if we should go to the expense of booking a meal in the Murano Restaurant one night. I realize it is $30 extra so do you get quite a bit extra in this restaurant or should we use the money towards a spa treatment or similar. Also are the drinks more expensive in the Murano than the main dining room, New to cruising so was just wondering if we should include this in our experiences. If the answer is yes should I book it before we sail. Thanks

We had originally booked the open seating dining on the Century. The food was quite good, but the noise in the dining room was just horrible. We bought a package for Muranos for every remaining night. It saved our sanity and the food was excellent. You should go at least once.

The Murano is excellent and soo peaceful after the din of the MDR. If you are hard of hearing, good luck!!! Try and get a table away from the servery areas if you can. Enjoy!!!

The MDR was so noisy that it spoiled the good food. They have the select dining tables jammed so close together that you just cannot have a conversation. It was worth the price to go to Muranos for the peace. They really need to do something about the noise in there. Too many people, too close together.

• 1 year later...
Hi, I have 2 Murano questions:

1.) can you order more than 1 appetizer and dessert? (like in the MDR)

2.) how does tipping work- do you tip your servers in Murano? We have never ate at a specialty restaurant

thank you!

1) You are going to receive different replies on this one.....in my opinion,

going Specialty is much more like a "regular restaurant" and I don't

order mulitple items....others will probably say yes, go ahead.

I always have enough food without ordering multiples.

2) the tip portion is included in the price of your dinner but if you

feel like they have gone "above and beylond" you can certainly leave

extra $ for your wait staff if you want:)

1) You are going to receive different replies on this one.....in my opinion,

going Specialty is much more like a "regular restaurant" and I don't

order mulitple items....others will probably say yes, go ahead.

I always have enough food without ordering multiples.

2) the tip portion is included in the price of your dinner but if you

feel like they have gone "above and beylond" you can certainly leave

extra $ for your wait staff if you want:)

Thank you Lois!

Hi, I have 2 Murano questions:

1.) can you order more than 1 appetizer and dessert? (like in the MDR)

2.) how does tipping work- do you tip your servers in Murano? We have never ate at a specialty restaurant

thank you!

The price for Murano on all Celebrity ships is $45 per person. It has been that price on the Solstice class ships for quite some time now and I just went to the reservation page for my Century cruise in February and it also said "Starting from $45".

We were the high cruisers on the Century last month and had complementary meals at Murano. At the bottom of the menu it specifically said that a gratuity would be added to the bill. Since I did not have to pay, I can not confirm this, but it was printed on the menu. I know in the past the gratuity was supposed to be included, but this may be a recent move to increase the price without looking like it.

We asked and were able to order multiple items that we shared, for example, we order the Chateaubriand for 2 and were able to each have the tableside lobster to go with. We did not order every course and we try to avoid sweets so we split a dessert. Of course, we finished everything we ordered (I hate waste!!) and repeated this several nights. Murano was hands down, our FAVORITE! You should absolutely try this on your honeymoon cruise! We cant wait to see pics!!