Credit Card Question

kl630

I have already completed the on-line check in process for our upcoming cruised. We have decided that we would like to switch the card that we've named for our expenses while onboard. Now that I set up the account, I can't find the place to edit that information. Does anyone have any thoughts or advice?

I have already completed the on-line check in process for our upcoming cruised. We have decided that we would like to switch the card that we've named for our expenses while onboard. Now that I set up the account, I can't find the place to edit that information. Does anyone have any thoughts or advice?

Sure, go into your account and select "Reservation". Under your reservation, click on "Check-In On Line" and then and then "Start Check-In". Under the "Review Check-In Summary", click on the "Edit" button on the left for #6--"On Board Expenses".

I think you are going to have to call Holland America to make the switch. We submitted a credit card while filling out the online information and I cannot see any place to change credit cards. It appears you can change from credit card to cash or vice versa but not enter a new credit card.

Sure, go into your account and select "Reservation". Under your reservation, click on "Check-In On Line" and then and then "Start Check-In". Under the "Review Check-In Summary", click on the "Edit" button on the left for #6--"On Board Expenses".

I just tried it with my reservation. All you have to do is follow the steps described by kjw869, and then click "save update" without making any changes. That will take you to a window that gives you the option of changing your preference to cash or editing your credit card. When you click edit your credit card, you will be able to change the credit card.

Just a follow-up to my post above (No. 4). This morning, I went back into our reservation and even though last night it said online check in complete for our party of three, this morning I was showing as not completed. Last night after you posted your question, I went into my reservation to see where it could be changed and it appeared that I couldn't. Anyway, I didn't save the update etc. Have just discovered this morning that you click unclick credit card and hit submit. Then it will take you to the field where the credit card is listed and you can hit edit to enter a new card. If you are changing the card for several people, unlick each of their names.

Well, when it can easily & conveniently be done, in advance, online, at home, it would be one less thing to have to do at check-in, when there are already enough things to do! ;)

We've done it at embarkation twice. I did not have a stopwatch handy but can assure you that it took less time than doing it online. ;) You hand over the card, they swipe it and and give it back... end of story! Takes all of about 10 seconds.

Well, when it can easily & conveniently be done, in advance, online, at home, it would be one less thing to have to do at check-in, when there are already enough things to do! ;)

I made a suggestion; offered an option; gave accurate information.

We can all make our individual choices when we know from what we are permitted to choose. :rolleyes:

Archived