Drink container

CruisinCanine

On my last cruise, May '10, Sea Princess, I filled my Jamba Juice mug with iced tea during the day. I was told by the head guy in the buffet area to only use their glasses to get iced tea or juices. So I stood at the dispenser filling one of their glasses, pouring the contents into my Jamba mug, and continued until my mug was full.

After he was gone, I went back to filling my mug directly from the dispenser. So, you can, you just need to be creative.

Am I allowed to use my own thermal type mug on board for softdrinks, lemonaid etc? Will they allow me to fill it or fill it for me? What about walking around with a drink in hand...is that allowed?
No problem using your own container for tea, iced tea, coffee and lemonade. Unless you purchase a soda sticker, they won't fill your container with soft drinks. You can buy a soft drink either by the glass or can and transfer it to your container, though.

What I do is bring packets of Crystal Light and fill my bottle with water from the tap.

I was told by the head guy in the buffet area to only use their glasses to get iced tea or juices.

That is a health issue to reduce the spread of germs which could exist on your own container.

Same reason you are asked to get a clean dish when returning to the buffet on land or on sea.

We have taken our Bubba Mugs (medium size not the crazy size ones!) and have no issues. For sanitary reasons we always fill the ice and liquids into smaller plastic cups and fill our mugs from those. (Our mugs are about the size of 2-3 of the plastic cups.)

I generally use crystal lite packets and my wife makes her own brewed ice tea. She does not like their syrup based tea.

Things stay MUCH cooler on deck in the mugs. We also take them to MUTS and movies in the princess theatre. (NO, we do not take them to evening shows!)

Thanks for asking this. I hope that people will see the danger of placing your "used" cup/mug/bottle/etc up directly to the lever that activates the spigot of the ice tea/lemonade/ice/water machines. Noro virus is easily spread and this is one very effective way to spread it!:eek:

As an aside, I would love to know what type of drinking container y'all think is the best style for keeping cold drinks cold and hot drinks hot? We bought one of the Princess insulated coffee mugs a few years ago, but it leaked and dribbled.:o

On my last cruise, May '10, Sea Princess, I filled my Jamba Juice mug with iced tea during the day. I was told by the head guy in the buffet area to only use their glasses to get iced tea or juices. So I stood at the dispenser filling one of their glasses, pouring the contents into my Jamba mug, and continued until my mug was full.

After he was gone, I went back to filling my mug directly from the dispenser. So, you can, you just need to be creative.

I find your post quite ironic in light of the quote on your signature.

That is a health issue to reduce the spread of germs which could exist on your own container.

Same reason you are asked to get a clean dish when returning to the buffet on land or on sea.

When I purchased a coffee card I was given a thermal mug; I used it each morning at the buffet to get coffee; during the day I got tea. Never a problem.

Archived